How to change 400ft limit?

D

DrewFlies

How do you change the 400ft limit. I saw someone stated you have to switch from metric to imperial?
Not sure what that means.

First off if your in the United States I woul leave it at 400 ft. If your else where in the word and not worried about other aircraft or flight limits then that's where you change it in the Assistant software under limits. It can still be in feet or meters, depending on your selection of measurement.

How do you change the 400ft limit. I saw someone stated you have to switch from metric to imperial?
Not sure what that means.
I thought it was 500ft limit?

Reactions: EnronCEO
So what is the is the max actual limit that the P3 can fully fly in distance test, that is out of the capacity listed by dji?

Distance limits? That is all about the range that you receive. The rated range is 2km , I have done 3 but people have done much further.

This is strongly advised against unless you're flying over empty space..

Distance limits? That is all about the range that you receive. The rated range is 2km , I have done 3 but people have done much further.

This is strongly advised against unless you're flying over empty space..
Thank you I heard someone did 4km!? That is insane, must have had a booster of somekind.

Thank you I heard someone did 4km!? That is insane, must have had a booster of somekind.
No stock.. I did 3km with full bars.

Some really good reasons why to not change your DJI height limit...

1. Anything above 100 feet looks the same..

2. Shooting while moving close to foreground is the ticket for some really world class footage, But needs practice as it aint easy.. When your too high, you can't get differential movement from the foreground to the background.. See Philip Blooms work...
https://vimeo.com/philipbloom/kohyaonoi

3. In The US it's not safe and could be illegal to fly above 400' agl.

I dunno if yo are able to change it Via the Pilot App... But just so you know the P3 has no assistant software like the P2 so people need to stop misinforming.. and if the Height limit is 500M.. Wouldn't that be 1600 and change in Feet...??? So why do you want to change it????

I dunno if yo are able to change it Via the Pilot App... But just so you know the P3 has no assistant software like the P2 so people need to stop misinforming.. and if the Height limit is 500M.. Wouldn't that be 1600 and change in Feet...??? So why do you want to change it????

I figured out how and my settings were at 120m although I was only able to go to 393 ft. I kept pressing up on the joy stick and it wouldn't move any further up. I switched the max limit to 350 m. At 635 ft I was getting weak remote signals so I chickened and pressed RTH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ViperNuke
I figured out how and my settings were at 120m although I was only about to go to 393 ft. I kept pressing up on the joy stick and it wouldn't move any further up. I switched the max limit to 350 m. At 635 I was getting weak remote signals so I chickened and pressed RTH.

LOL Thats cool... Im not going to be like the rest and try to tell you not to fly over 400FT like I'm the FAA but I'd suggest you fly safe/resposable and keep it within reasonable distance....

Reactions: Buzz313th
LOL Thats cool... Im not going to be like the rest and try to tell you not to fly over 400FT like I'm the FAA but I'd suggest you fly safe/resposable and keep it within reasonable distance....

Yea I won't go that high anymore. There really isn't anything to look at and all your doing is asking for trouble. Weak signal warnings at 635 ft were enough to scare me and not try again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers