How many still use prop guards

I was blinded in my right eye during surgery and now my depth perception is way off. I wouldn't fly with out them.

Chet

For anyone who uses prop guards because they've had tip overs while taking off: I've noticed that if you land and don't stop the motors, the controller doesn't seem to automatically re-balance the rotation speed of the rotors. So if you land, then try to take off again, even if you intentionally try to hold the rotors at the same speed a while before taking off, they won't be running at the same speed. You have to power off the motors and power them back on to reset the controller's output (desired) rotation speed for the motors, otherwise they may have speed coefficients based on some attempt to compensate for ground effect instability just before touching down. This is based on my experience with a P2V.

BTW, there is no way I'm putting any string on these rotor guards. This looks very much like it would cause more risk than it would mitigate.

Monte55 said:
I have had prop guards on from day one. They have saved my props many times. The Phantom will tip over easily. I never put the string on. I figured it could get caught up easier in trees. It's easier to see and flys fine. I think some will not use guards because of their ego. Maybe they think if some see them with guards, it will diminish their pro standing in the community. If they have never used them, how can they make a negative comment with conviction.

No ego here. Just lots of practice that has resulted in actually being able to fly and land my toy in a variety of conditions. Including heavy winds.

You should try to do the same and lose your training wheels rather than weakly trying to denigrate folks that can actually take off and land in high wind/adverse conditions without tipping over like your lame ***.

Gilbert Gomes said:
Monte55 said:
I have had prop guards on from day one. They have saved my props many times. The Phantom will tip over easily. I never put the string on. I figured it could get caught up easier in trees. It's easier to see and flys fine. I think some will not use guards because of their ego. Maybe they think if some see them with guards, it will diminish their pro standing in the community. If they have never used them, how can they make a negative comment with conviction.

No ego here. Just lots of practice that has resulted in actually being able to fly and land my toy in a variety of conditions. Including heavy winds.

You should try to do the same and lose your training wheels rather than weakly trying to denigrate folks that can actually take off and land in high wind/adverse conditions without tipping over like your lame ***.

Wow. You must be the greatest Phantom Pilot ever. FYI. I have other quads and helis without guards that are much harder to fly than the phantom and they are all still on their first set of props. So, I guess my lame *** is doing ok.

Monte55 said:
Gilbert Gomes said:
Monte55 said:

Wow. You must be the greatest Phantom Pilot ever. FYI. I have other quads and helis without guards that are much harder to fly than the phantom and they are all still on their first set of props. So, I guess my lame *** is doing ok.

Please continue to contradict yourself.

I'm sure your fellow RC dweebs will be most impressed and want to cuddle you while you work through your lies.

Meanwhile, normal folks will continue to laugh at you.

Please continue to defend your use of prop guards (training wheels) because you allegedly fly other RC toys without them...

What a loon...

I use them just for "just in case", also I sprayed the front two guards florescent orange to be able to see which way is front in high altitude's.The string is to go around the guards so that a branch or other obstacles can't get between the guards . I like them for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31