How many people have had their P2V flying incident free ? ?

Re: How many people have had their P2V flying incident free

I've had my P2V just over a month. Flown about 15 times (between snow storms, high winds[40-60 mph] and rain) and have had NO problems. Only 4-500 feet out and up to 350 feet elevation. I've so far, kept it in sight. As I get more experience I'll venture farther out (and up), but so far, no problems whatsoever.

I think a string like this is good because in 'real life' people only post (or write) to vent their anger and displeasure. If the news is good, no one takes the time to report it. But the instant something is not right, folks are quick to complain. So I'm here to say that so far, everything is absolutely right with my P2V. And hopefully that continues. I do everything I can to make sure my machine (and I) are ready to fly.

I love EVERY minute I'm airborne! And, like another 'pilot' mentioned, I also love the camera. :D

Owned mine about 6 weeks, 2 hours ago I just had her out for 4 long 20 minute plus flights (I have 4 batteries), and up to 600' max, not one issue in about 70-80 total flights, FLAWLESS, she returns to me at my want.

Have had her over the ocean and surf 10 times (Huntington Beach, CA), taking her airborne from the end of the pier (last weekend was in Santa Barbara, CA), again FLAWLESS and she obeys each command. Have had her in windy 20-30 MPH ocean breeze (but always hand catch when landing her in wind).

Have fun all - I sure am!

Yes it is great fun. I've had mine 2 months, 35 flights, no incidents. The first 20 flights were great then I added a Flytrex core. Since then I have to calibrate the compass before every flight - not terrible, but before it just worked. I've flown to about 4500' away using non-stock antennas on the repeater. I had to send back my camera twice but now have one that's acceptable.

nhoover said:
Yes it is great fun. I've had mine 2 months, 35 flights, no incidents. The first 20 flights were great then I added a Flytrex core. Since then I have to calibrate the compass before every flight - not terrible, but before it just worked. I've flown to about 4500' away using non-stock antennas on the repeater. I had to send back my camera twice but now have one that's acceptable.

That's odd, mine hasn't needed calibrating at ask since the first one post-Flytrex. Going off topic, I know, but are your compass values within ideal range if you look in the Assistant? Once compensated for by an initial calibration before the first post-install flight it shouldn't cause any issues at all...

Another user without problems. I have had two tip overs on landing but fortunately no damage. I was using the sticks down and in to stop the motors on both occasions. I now hand land everybtime and use left stick down only to turn motors off.

However, I am now in a very dangerous phase. I have really gained confidence in her abilities and yesterday started to fly by instinct ie not thinking before making stick movements. Got into doing some high speed fly pasts at around 20' and high speed turns. Really, really good fun but I stopped as I could feel an accident situation developing so will keep the wild fun stuff for the odd occasion in future :)

High speed flypasts are great fun, but you're right to be wary - if one of those pesky mobile trees runs into its path there's a lot of inertia with 1.2kg going 40+mph with a tailwind! They always seem to be able to change direction in a heartbeat in the middle of an open field, seems to take days near any obstacles!!

We have our P2V since beginning of January. Flown 25 times, mostly two batteries long. More than 20h total. Flown in US and Europe. Temperatures: freezing to 30 Celsius. WInd: calm to 30+ knots. Altitude: 1-400 ft. Distance: always in sight, lost sight a couple of times unintentionally. recovered manually, or with "radar" function of downlink, once with failsafe.

Absolutely no P2V caused incidents!

Broke two props flying into tree 15 feet up. Only thing broken were the props.

We love it!

No problems here. I've logged 30+ flights and the last three I have flown it out of sight and returned it via the app. Just do a pre-flight before the first take off and you'll be fine. Check out "Pull-up's" post it's a good way to get started.

80 or so flights, 60 of them over Long Island Bays and St. Martín ocean. Never an incident. I've had compass recalibration messages at least 5 time and transmitter calibration messages 2 times.

With my p2v the only incident I had really was one stupid mistake I made. When flying in an area I was not to families with and was getting ready to try out the way points ground station thing and as I was about to hit go. I seen some people driving down the path in a golf cart and decided to pick it up and move it back towards the other side were it was clear of any getting in any ones way. BUT doug!!!!!!! Like an idiot I failed to look up above me and was paying more attention to the phantom and when I had full gps lock I hit go. only to realize as soon as it went up that about 15 feet above me was one branch of an evil tree that was behind me and it just so happened to be about 6 inches from clearing the end of the branch. Then it reached out and swatted my phantom vision out of the air and busted a prop and it landed on the ground on its top and busted the gps. Totally my fault For not looking up after moving it and having it were a tree could reach out and swat it. I hate trees they are mean and violent towards drones.

Now my fc40 thats a different story I have had quite a few major crashes and a few fly always with that one. Some were pilot error and others were not like the time when a power wire with a bad solder joint decided to pop off in mid flight last 4th of july and another time when the crappy battery door latch decided to pop open and the battery fell out and yanked its self from the plug and it did a swan dive both times.

Perhaps 50 flights in over a year and a half... No incidents, except a flip over off the case (no damage /pilot error)

P2NV here- had it just over a year now, no problems.

Almost tipped over once while letting it idle on ground after landing during one of my first half dozen flights or so.

Replaced control system with Futaba Tx & Rx.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.