How many flying hours before my engines fail or need replacement

After reading about Southwest plane engine failure, what is the longevity of my P4 engines?
About a year ago I wondered if there was a MTBF (mean time before failure) for DJI motors, computer hard drive manufacturers list a MTFB for their drives. I spent some time trying to find same but as far as I can see one does not exist. Would be reassuring if DJI researched and produced MTBF for their motors.

About a year ago I wondered if there was a MTBF (mean time before failure) for DJI motors, computer hard drive manufacturers list a MTFB for their drives. I spent some time trying to find same but as far as I can see one does not exist. Would be reassuring if DJI researched and produced MTBF for their motors.

It comes down to the bearings. Nothing else wears from normal use.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Make that 10,000 parts. I’m a retired A&P mechanic. Worked in jet engine shop for years. ( JT 9 & JT 8 ) manny parts are time change parts. Over the years the same engine could be a whole different engine then what was original . My point is every thing wears out.

After reading about Southwest plane engine failure, what is the longevity of my P4 engines?
...Not a Flame, just nfo...
1) The P4 doesn't use Engines, it uses Motors
2) No set # of Hours
3) You'll more than likely burn up the ESC(s) before the motor fails
4) Monitor your Temps Closely, the Batteries Vent directly onto the ESC(s)
5) Don't use Over/Under-Weight or Out of Balance 3rd Party Props
6) re: 4; Monitor your instruments (i.e. Temps, RPM), use your head.. Eyes, Ears, Nose..
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

I have never worn out a brushless motor. A DJI lemming told me I could expect 1,000 hours out of my Inspire 1 motors. I don't put a lot of faith in anything DJI support lemmings say, but honestly, after 40+ hours, the motors still run like brand new.

I've heard that geese are horrible when sucked into those turbofans, so keep your drone away from geese and you should be fine.
Thanks Funny.....i met a fellow drone owner / flyer at the field where i Love to fly.....a big bunch of gooses flew over near dusk and i said look at them gooses.....He told me when they fly thru....he flys with them......some time he might hit one and he's gonna go out of control and hit the ground yes probably the hurt goose will too !

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Granted they have a different mounting scheme... but my P2s ‘blades’ are 3+ yrs. old.

Note: They’ve ever struck anything but air and flying insects and don’t see any reason for them to fail from normal use.
I find that the tree's or very hard on them

Yeah. But. From that page... ;-)

“However, technically, the two words have different meanings. An engine is a device that burns or otherwise consumes fuel, changing its chemical composition, whereas a motor is a device driven by electricity, air, or hydraulic pressure, which does not change the chemical composition of its energy source.”

Google is a search engine, but I can't see where to put in the fuel!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT