How many drones do you have?

Lol, Slinger,
The local hobbie, $39.95, but like you said, online
More like $25, lol..... Robbed again!
It IS worth the $25 to me, I fly it A Lot....
Perfect to annoy the wife! I'd a paid $100,
Just for the joy it brings me, at her expense!
Lol.... All she hears is the BUZZZZZZZzzzzz,
And instantly stats whining....tough little guy,
She swatted it down once already, and a tiny tweak,
To untighten 1 blade a bit, and BUZZ, thought I had
To get out the cheese for all her wine! ( whine )
Little bugger still buggin'!

Going to buZz the tower, will keep you informed!
( will post pics of my black eye! )

Take care, fly annoyingly! ( SAFE )

J Dot!

J Dot said:
Lol, Slinger,

J Dot!

I bought one of those brand new for $39.95 and loved it. It finally cooked a motor. When I replaced the motor, all was well for a week or so, until the antenna broke off for no apparent reason. I resoldered the antenna and it now works just fine about 70% of the time. The other 30% it loses connection to the TX and just runs off in the direction of the last input from the TX... maddening... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

I hear ya,
I hate that unexplained crap, just had a recent
Event at Disney , with my P2v? Working fine now,
But who knows, maybe it was having a bad day?
Honestly, even with the occasional weird/bad event,
I'm still having the time of my life with them! I look
Forward to flying SOMETHING, when I get home from work!
It is like a drug, and I need my daily FIX!

Ps. Also, kinda funny, I had a heli-max AXE CP, helicopter, first.
I was a so-so flyer, a few crashes, I won't lie, but since I've been
Flying quads, my heli piloting has improved 100 fold! ( orientation )
Was the KEY!
Still so-so but impressive, now and again!

I wish I had a quad first, maybe I could have avoided those COSTLY crashes!!!!!!!

Take care, fly respectfully!

Your friend,
J Dot
( heli pilot ) lol just kidding! I still duck and cover, once in a while!

J Dot said:
I hear ya,
I hate that unexplained crap, just had a recent
Event at Disney , with my P2v? Working fine now,
But who knows, maybe it was having a bad day?
Honestly, even with the occasional weird/bad event,
I'm still having the time of my life with them! I look
Forward to flying SOMETHING, when I get home from work!
It is like a drug, and I need my daily FIX!

Ps. Also, kinda funny, I had a heli-max AXE CP, helicopter, first.
I was a so-so flyer, a few crashes, I won't lie, but since I've been
Flying quads, my heli piloting has improved 100 fold! ( orientation )
Was the KEY!
Still so-so but impressive, now and again!

I wish I had a quad first, maybe I could have avoided those COSTLY crashes!!!!!!!

Take care, fly respectfully!

Your friend,
J Dot
( heli pilot ) lol just kidding! I still duck and cover, once in a while!

LOL... Yeah. My piloting skills have improved greatly in the past year, but I still have a ways to go. At least now I know what I need to work on and I'm actually enjoying pushing myself to get a bit sharper... This is great stuff... :D :D :D

-slinger

J Dot said:
Lol, Slinger,

J Dot!

I guess I need to keep looking as it is $39.95 on Amazon with free Prime shipping. Where is the best on-line site to get it cheaper? (This town is WAY too small to ever get a hobby shop.)

Hello,
I believe the price is $39.95, I only got a deal,
Because I already spent $25 on parts for my tmaxx,
Ang the hobby was running a special, if you spend over
$25, you can buy the quad for $25 +tax. Gunslinger,
Was only giving me a hard time, as we are friends, and friends
Are good for a joshing every now and again! Keeps us on our toes!
I believe he bought his for $39.95 as well. My local hobby is the same
$39.95 + tax. Or spend the 25, get $15 off....so still spending $50, lol.
It is worth the $40, really is a fun little guy, and is IMPRESSIVLY responsive!
You hit the gas, it goes! Only bad I find, like a 20 -25 minute charge time, about 5-6
Minutes fly time. But very minor complaint!
Comes with EVERYTHING in the box ( even batteries for the controller )
Extra props, extra body, even is capable of flips.

Also look up ( Wltoys V222 ) quad at ( banggood.com ) around $70, has camera,
And you can buy attachments for it ( hook & basket, water cannon, bubble blower, missle launcher, projector, ect. )
This is another cheap FUN quad, with huge distance capability, flies pretty **** far away!
Very stable, and tough to break! Plus with all the attachments, hours of fun! You can turn on/off lights at controller, set gains
Right on the controller, it is not FPV, but a good quality little camera.

Take care, fly safe!

J Dot

Yeah... I wasn't saying the FAZE was anything but good stuff. I loved mine when it was working properly. I'm having an antenna problem and every time I think I have it fixed it flies off on its own... It may have been crash related or something I hosed when I soldered a new motor on... not sure...

-slinger

If I shared this before, please be kind! I purchased a Ares Ethos FPV for $299. I have a topic by that name, so I won't go into detail here. Besides the bad motor, I loved it! I'm trying to get a replacement headed my way.

Edit: I imagined to fix it as this was a merchant and not Amazon. I hope to take a test flight tomorrow. The temperature is supposed to be 64 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Aren't you snow birds jealous?

Friday, I received my Husband X6. Very cool looking and I love all of the LEDs! It either has headlights or eyes that light up. I also got a crash kit. Strangely, batteries are not sold on Amazon for the X6. But, I searched for the battery specifications and I found them at a cheap price.

One more Husban on the way, Red with white racing stripes on it. These things are so cool. (If you take off the prop guards!)

I meant to say Husban, not husband! Darn spell check! Read my lips, I don't want no stinkin husband! (Or a nice smelling one!). Actually, I don't want a wife either. Which is good as I have zero chance of getting one!

Plus, I start my corporation, with a lot of hard work. My wife does nothing for the business, but if she divorces me, I will be ordered to pay her for the lifestyle she HAD. Excuse me, but I thought prostitution was illegal! What a deal for her!!!!
No college, no training, no contribution and she gets at least half of everything!

Can I get an amen!

3:
A P2V that is collecting dust in its box.
A RCExplorer Tricopter V3 as a super stable camera platform
A RCExplorer tricopter V3 homebuild mini variant (295mm wheelbase) that is simply too much fun to fly with. That one is going to be my FPV racer some day :)

DKDarkness said:
3:
A P2V that is collecting dust in its box.
A RCExplorer Tricopter V3 as a super stable camera platform
A RCExplorer tricopter V3 homebuild mini variant (295mm wheelbase) that is simply too much fun to fly with. That one is going to be my FPV racer some day :)

I'm need to visit my house as I have two large scale nitros, used. One electric that was about the same size. I bought it to evaluate it as I planned to add it to my inventory. But, the China company were major pins in the butt to deal with. The transmitter was missing the battery door screw. Surely, they could send me one lousy screw. They promised to if I deleted my poor evaluation of them.

I told them to send me the screw, then I would delete it. They never did! What a shame as I really wanted to sell the helicopter. They also marked it as a gift, to reduce taxes. That was not the kind of business that I wanted to deal with.

Anyway, at least two coaxial helicopters, one V Tail plane and a large "starter plane" with working elevator, rudder and ailerons, etc. I added the electronics, servos, etc. I even bought a Futaba 9Z, heli version working on 50Mhz, ham radio operator only. I never used it. I later added a 2.4Ghz module to the transmitter. I bought an aluminum case, with custom cut foam.

Not once have I used that transmitter! It was their top of the line, transmitter, at the time. I spent a lot of money on it. Which reminds me: If anyone is actually reading this, what is a good quality, high channel count (12-18) transmitter? I'm open to any brand.

PhantomFanatic said:
I'll start. I have a P2, with 3 other drones and one on the way. Then, I plan on building a drone.

You?

I have one. My P2 - I plan on looking into the inspire after the bugs are worked out (hopefully in the summer/fall).

Buckaye said:
PhantomFanatic said:
I'll start. I have a P2, with 3 other drones and one on the way. Then, I plan on building a drone.

You?

I have one. My P2 - I plan on looking into the inspire after the bugs are worked out (hopefully in the summer/fall).

I have ONE P2V. To use my gimbal, I plan on flying it again once the bugs are worked out (flyaway, battery issues, early landing). Hopefully soon - probably never. I am looking into never buying a DJI product again. That includes SMART batteries that fail when force upgraded...

- But I am building another RCExplorer inspired micro tricopter... because I want to be in control of my aircraft.

Latest member of the GunSlinger clan. This is a SOSX Wasp. It's an X 110MM build that I used an AlienWii FC, Chaoli dark edition motors and Parrot Rolling Spider props. The RX is a Lemon DSM2 Satellite and the battery is a Turnigy nano-tech 750MAH.

This thing SCREWS!!!! :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :D

wasp01-s.jpg

wasp02-s.jpg

wasp03-s.jpg

-slinger

UDI U818A (I never fly it once I got my Hubsan)
Hubsan Code Black (Supposedly, a limited edition. Only to find out its nothing more than a Hubsan x4) I actually like this one and fly it inside all of the time.
Syma X5C-1A I like this one.
DJI PHANTOM 2 VISION PLUS v3.0

I have another coming through a indiegogo campaign.

djsydvicious said:
Hubsan Code Black (Supposedly, a limited edition. Only to find out its nothing more than a Hubsan x4) I actually like this one and fly it inside all of the time.

I have an X5C-1 in a snowbank and another stuck in endless shipping. Nice mini Phantom.
What changes did they make with the "A" version?

djsydvicious said:

I have a UDI U818A and I never fly it because it flies like crap, basically... :D :D :D

-slinger

gunslinger said:
djsydvicious said:

I have a UDI U818A and I never fly it because it flies like crap, basically... :D :D :D

-slinger
A waste of cash! It was my first and it almost persuaded me to not fool with quads. But then, My Hubsan arrived... and it flipped the script. Especially once I learned to make adjustments.

Phantom 2
Hubsan x4
Nano qx - for practicing manual mode

Next project is gonna be building a quad. Deciding on either a 200mm Warpquad or a 195mm picnic quad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik