how i removed my p4 uv filter

Reaction score
I wanted to try different nd filters for my p4 so I ordered some polar pro ones
but the problem was I couldn't get the uv filter off

I tried using a rubber band and even used some rubber gloves to no luck

so I decided to try some WD40 and this is what I done

I got a lid off a drink bottle then sprayed a little WD40 in there then I took a toothpick and dabbed it in the bottle lid that was filled with the WD40 and gently went around the grove where the uv filter was.
remember you only want to dab a small amount on the toothpick I done this 2 times then left it for about 30 mins then came back and I was then able to free up the filter make sure you have something to grip it with like a rubber glove or with a zip tie but what worked best for me was using a grip mat the ones you use to take jam lids off

I hope this helps anyone with the simular problem.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Freedom Flyer, thanks for the tip! Another use for WD-40 is noted. Yep, those filters can be tough to remove sometimes, from a delicate camera assembly. Glad you got it resolved.

Happy flying
Jim
WA5TEF

I find the trick is to grab it as lightly as possible. When you put pressure on it with a firm grip it distorts the threads making it harder to turn. Fingertip pressure only.

Reactions: Deezbs and BigAl07
Jim is exactly right. The harder you squeeze, the harder it is to turn. You MAY be a tad insane for spraying wd-40 at a pricey and delicate camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl