How I fixed the P4 firmware red/green flashing and video feed issue

Reaction score
This is how I fixed the red/green flashing RC and no video feed issue after doing the firmware update on a Phantom 4. (This is posted in the firmware forum too) None of the suggestions I found online worked. Basically the problem is the drone’s firmware updated but the remote (RC) didn’t. The fix is to downgrade the RC and reinstall the new firmware on the RC. You can not resolve this with an iOS device because there seems to be a bug with the DJI4GO app.

I was able to downgrade the RC firmware with a Google Pebble phone using the hidden menu in DJI4GO app (on the screen with the picture of the drone, press and hold the menu for 10 seconds). Select firmware 1.6 and click install. Rebooted RC and the DJI4GO app. Then start the app and press the bottom right button to start the controller. Click on the status and it will say there was a firmware update. Do the update. For me I rebooted RC but now when it comes on the light is red and it beep, beeps, beeps, beeps...
Next I turned the RC on, held the C1,C2,wheel,camera button and turned the RC off. Turned it back on and... good!!!!!
P4 Firmware - How I fixed the P4 firmware red/green flashing and video feed issue

Thanks for the hidden menu tip. I could not select a different firmway, but it work just fine using the suggested one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1