How do you unlock an airport red circle when you have the OK?

As was mentioned, using information easily available on the Internet you can simply disable all NFZ restrictions. If you do this it is of course incumbent on the operator to be especially vigilant about where they are flying, obtaining proper permission, etc. Not an ideal solution but DJI has left commercial operators who need flexibility and can exercise their own personal responsibility with little other choice.
Ok smiller! Where is this info at on the internet? One day I will need it I'm sure. Message me if you need to.

Ok smiller! Where is this info at on the internet? One day I will need it I'm sure. Message me if you need to.
It definitely does with in RED zones with DJI Go4 . . it;s just a serious PITA to jump through all their Hoops . . and then after that there are still issues with operating around the boundaries of RED zones when UNLOCKING just outside and passing into and out of the boundary

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Return to Home function is also crippled by DJI 4 app if you're flying in or near a restricted zone. A warning popup says it won't fly through a restricted zone on RTH but will just land instead of returning home. That's true even if you have "unlocked" that zone already.

Yes id like to know this as well

Other than a russian hack, that actually costs serious money, nothing shows up in google. Professionals working for airports are probably in real pain, as I understood, they need to submit written certifications every time.

As for green and yellow zones, I just pray that a warning won't mess up the control and crash the bird in the water/bush/nearby school... I do agree, zone warnings must be informative, emergency landing very often kills the drone with no real reason. Giving 2 minutes to the pilot, a safe(er) landing could be made, cutting the control mid-flight is outright dangerous.

Recently I managed to get DJI to give me a 3 month "window" around Sarnia Airport (CYZR) because I am constantly within the 5nm nofly zone and often actually fly AT the airport. They finally agreed. Now I"m about to get the new Mavic 2 PRo and possibly upgrade my P4P+ as well and I'll be back to square one getting DJI to approve ANOTHER set of serial numbers. . . all very messed up if you ask me.Whenever I went to do a job or fly near the airport I had to make TWO submission so I have a backup in case one of the birds fails . . you can only do that with DJI by making two complete applications with all the paperwork and approvals. I should be applicable to the PILOT not the Bird.

Return to Home function is also crippled by DJI 4 app if you're flying in or near a restricted zone. A warning popup says it won't fly through a restricted zone on RTH but will just land instead of returning home. That's true even if you have "unlocked" that zone already.
This is TRUE! . . it happened to me and the P4P+ just cut me off and landed . . fortunately I was over a narrow pathway but just be chance . . . there was swamp on both sides . . NOT COOL!

My suggestion is go through the whole DJI approval thing on line but make it for an extended period. If you sell your bird be SURE to de-register with DJI or anyone flying it in the future can have an accident or get violated using your name.

Guess who will pay?

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj