How do I turn OFF the front LEDs for night photography?

Reaction score
I think I read on this forum that there is a way to turn OFF the two red LEDs on the front of the aircraft. This is helpful if they interfere with night photography.

Does anyone know how to do this.

Searched the forum, but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks,

Kevin H.

;)
I think I read on this forum that there is a way to turn OFF the two red LEDs on the front of the aircraft. This is helpful if they interfere with night photography.

Does anyone know how to do this.

Searched the forum, but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks,

Kevin H.
hit the four dots in upper right corner then chose the heli picture then advanced and it right there on the list just turn off

Has anyone figured out how to turn off the rear arm lights(other than putting electrical tape or them)? That way the phantom can be flown in stealth mode at night. Anybody?

It's not possible to turn off the rear LEDs.

I would lose mine into the darkness of night, without some way of noticing where it is, at all times. No, my lights are staying on. Anyway, besides, I have no reason to lie, or sneak around, I'm not a spy or a private eye...
Just a regular guy, that likes to fly. Ok I lied, I love flying... ;-)

Not a poet either, but like to rhyme while keeping in time, to the music..

RedHotPoker

skyhighdiver,

I found it right where you said it would be. Thanks. Didn't see it before because I didn't scroll down the last screen.

Kevin H.

In really dark scenes or if there's a bit of dust on your lens cover glass or if there's mist in the air, you could get some of the red light from the front LEDs bleeding into your image. Thus the software allows you to turn off those lights in these situations. I don't know if I'll be using the option to turn off the front LEDs, but it's good to know how to do it.

I've verified that skyhighdiver's instructions given above do work and the front LEDs do turn off. You can turn them back on the same way.

Kevin H.

I would lose mine into the darkness of night, without some way of noticing where it is, at all times. No, my lights are staying on. Anyway, besides, I have no reason to lie, or sneak around, I'm not a spy or a private eye...
Just a regular guy, that likes to fly. Ok I lied, I love flying... ;-)

Not a poet either, but like to rhyme while keeping in time, to the music..

RedHotPoker

Man that would freak me out. "Where is da plane!
$T2eC16FHJHwE9n8igtmYBQPGiOc3C!~~60_35.JPG

Reactions: RedHotPoker
I would lose mine into the darkness of night, without some way of noticing where it is, at all times.............
I flew in darkness for the first time last night. Definitely eerie! I lost sight of it a few times, but I've practiced flying FPV enough that it was no big deal. It's actually a big rush flying by the screen, not being able to see your bird. The compass is a tremendous help! Found her every time, as I heard her slowly coming back into audible range.

Reactions: RedHotPoker
I fly FPV (no LOS) on almost every flight because of the terrain. No big deal, switch to hybrid maps and and take note of the radar and you know where you are all the time, just make sure you height is enough to clear the tallest tree or building by at least 50', and check your RTH height before takeoff, remembering it is in meters,not feet. At night make sure that your takeoff area is fairly large and clear, makes for an easier return. At night you can see the strobes for up to a mile LOS so hard to lose sight of it.

@F6Rider,
After reading your post, I may give it a try... ;-)
You make it sound much less stressful than it needs to be.

Ok, well, let's see, if I can actually negotiate the darkness.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: deltamike
@F6Rider,
After reading your post, I may give it a try... ;-)
You make it sound much less stressful than it needs to be.

Ok, well, let's see, if I can actually negotiate the darkness.

RedHotPoker
Night flying if fun, and the P3 looks really cool with the lights, try it in an area you have flown several times in the daylight so you are familiar with it. I like to take off just at sunset and fly 2 or 3 batteries down. The park I fly in closes at sundown but as a reserve officer no one bothers me. ;)

Old thread, but I still like the night life a lot. My only complaint is those little rascal mosquitos that get into the tender places...

I need to make some decent orange/lime/lemon citric oil spray...
Shall visit Saje Natural Wellness in the mall, very soon to replenish several of my spent medicinal quality essential oil vials... ;-)

RedHotPoker

May the dark side be with you :cool:
As long as you keep the drone at a decent height, you can see those LED diodes for a long ways away, in the night sky.
It's actually more comfortable flying in the cool night, and with less annoying bystanders, (none) to pester and plague your flight times...
Yeah, just don't fly too close to any residence, or they might consider this as an annoyance, privacy matter, or trespass.

RedHotPoker

I have seen some amazing customization to drones with colored LED strips. Pretty cool, what can be done with a little ingenuity and care... ;-)
Post pics if you dare to share... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

The red lights ruin night time photos... I turn them off at night when I fly next to airplanes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

;)
hit the four dots in upper right corner then chose the heli picture then advanced and it right there on the list just turn off

It's the setting called "Open forearm lamp" I take it. Thanks for the post. I almost returned it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.