How do I replace landing gear?

Reaction score
My son crashed the other day and I ordered and received the new landing gear. After I removed the legs I realized the wire date inside the body. I tried opening the body but after removing 8 screws i realized I might be getting in over my head. I'm willing to try if someone can walk me through it. Anyone know how I can do this?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have you looked for vids on YouTube?

My son crashed the other day and I ordered and received the new landing gear. After I removed the legs I realized the wire date inside the body. I tried opening the body but after removing 8 screws i realized I might be getting in over my head. I'm willing to try if someone can walk me through it. Anyone know how I can do this?
Thanks

This was the only one I could find but might be others .

Thanks

Hi Kerri
You don't need to open the body of the bird to replace the landing gear, I did it without opening the shell, all of the wires that are routed down through the legs can with a bit of care be threaded back through the holes in the top of the legs where they screw on to the body.
Sorry just realised you were talking about a Phantom 4, advice might not apply :-(
Regards Waylander

Was just getting ready to say I don't know about the P4 Way , I have done that on my P2's and P3's .Would seem like ya could but I dono .

As long as the wires r not damaged its super easy, just unplug each one and plug in the new ones. I've done it twice its not hard, if u wanna call me I will talk u through it

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirkclod
One thing to be careful of is there is 4 wires going into a connector and they are a *****... Needless to say I am taking my p4 to my dealer to install the gear and those 4 wires that go into the connector.

Was just getting ready to say I don't know about the P4 Way , I have done that on my P2's and P3's .Would seem like ya could but I dono .
Sorry i have a p3s and need replace the landing geqr could you please give to me some advise about the right steps to do,thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie