How do I download maps into wifi only ipad mini 4?

Reaction score
Sorry, new here and I was not sure what category to post up this question. Just like the title says,
How do I download an offline map of the area I'm going to be flying in?
Using wifi only ipad mini 4 with DJI go app.

Thanks

Before you embark on your flight ....
Fully connect your iPad to your Phantom and your controller.
Be sure you are connected to a WiFi network with internet access.
Open the DJI Go app.
Pan the map to the area you are going to fly.
The maps will cache in the map.

I have flown very little this rather long and cold winter, so my additions to the above post may be dated with all of the GO4 updates, but you will want to select ‘Cache Map in the Background’ in the General Settings of GO4 first of all, and after zooming to your desired area, leave GO4 running in the background to maintain that cache for when you’re in the field. Alternatively, if you are operating in an area where you have phone data, you can set your plan up to include a Hotspot that you can connect your iPad to. That’s what I do. Works like a champ..

Reactions: Bobby D123
Like Brock said. If your able to turn on hotspot with your phone and then connect your iPad to your phone using hotspot is the easiest and best way to do it, then you do t have to worry about anything because your iPad will have internet, so you’ll be all set!

Is it a cellular model (with gps?) because tethering in the field only gets you an internet connection but no position on the map.

Since you have a Wi-Fi only model then it has no GPS. the only way it can geolocate itself is thru cell towers (and nearby Wi-Fi) so it’s not very accurate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair