how do I cache my Sygic installed maps into Litchi

Reaction score
Hi Guys

New to all this DJI drone area and a newbie to the lingo but I hope somebody or group can help? I have purchased a IPad iOS mini 4 wifi only..Never realized at the time celluar might be easier but I went and got a Garmin Glo GPS which works great.

Now because I don’t have internet connection out in the field. I have been told you need to cache maps on to your IPAD before you go ( have no idea how you do it) but I purchased The Sygic world map and downloaded it onto my IPAD and purchased The Litchi App in place of DJI GO which many users found better that DJI GO ( just what I found).

Problems: I have no idea about this cacheing thing and how do I cache my Sygic installed maps into Litchi??? I have researched but there is no great step by step video tut out there just short 2-3 mins ones. If there are in depth videos out there please send me the link if they cover my problems above or good advice which will make my experience a little less stressful.

Thanks to anybody that replies

cistec

Caching maps in either DJI Go or Litchi is easy. Start the app you'll be using to fly where you have wifi. No need to power up the controller or aircraft. Switch to map view and move the view to the area you'll be flying and move around on the screen covering the entire area you'll be flying and your done.

I don't know if it is possible to import Sygic maps into either app.

how do I cache my Sygic installed maps into Litchi?

As per my understanding this is not possible, since there is no setting where you can select a provider of maps, hence how should Litchi know what maps you wanna use?

But as Kenny already mentioned, open Litchi prior flying where you have internet access, select the area you'd like to fly but do not power off the mobile device.

Interesting question. Litchi uses Google maps, at least that's the labels I have on my mission planning maps, and there's no way to load alternative map systems directly. However, I've read here a method where a mission can be planned in Google Earth (or other maps, I think), then converted to a Litchi-downloadable map using Excel. Seems complicated, I haven't looked at it closely, nor do I know if it's translatable to other mapping programs. More information starting here, maybe: Plan Mission in Google Earth, convert, import to Litchi Mission Hub .

As mentioned, caching the maps is as easy as opening the program while you have a wifi internet connection, scrolling to your flying location.

Topic Hijack..

Just want to ask a possibility silly question wrt this topic.

It is possible to download a section of maps on Google maps and store it on your device for online use for up to 29 days. Now my question. Can't you do that and then use it that way through the Lichi/Go app?

I'm currently stuck on a ship in the middle of the Persian gulf, so can't test it myself?

Thanks

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

It is possible to download a section of maps on Google maps and store it on your device for online use for up to 29 days. Now my question. Can't you do that and then use it that way through the Lichi/Go app?

Not yet, it's a well requested feature, I'm sure something is in the works.

For now do as suggested (when your not in the gulf ha) and browse the map in Litchi or Go before you leave a WiFi area that will cache the map.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic