How can you tell a Phantom 4 Pro camera and gimbal from a Phantom 4 Pro V2 camera?

Reaction score
I believe the V2 doesn’t have the small board in the top of the gimbal, but what about in the camera itself? Are these any differences?

I believe the V2 doesn’t have the small board in the top of the gimbal, but what about in the camera itself? Are these any differences?

There is a difference. If you remove the back plate on the cam body & remove the top circuit board, you will see 3 black screws, 2 top, 1 bottom, at the perimeter of the board, see attached images. If you were to get gutsy & take that board off & access the lens module, you would see the shutter assy. The shutter works for stills only. The regular cam has smaller screws in the same location with white washers.

Attachments

• P1010190.JPG
    P1010190.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 262
  • P1010192.JPG
    P1010192.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 232
  • P1010191.JPG
    P1010191.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 233
So let’s ask a few more questions.
Any differences on the outside? In other words, without dismantling, any way to tell them apart?
Are you able to install a V2 cam on a V1 and have it function as it should?

I read somewhere that the outer shell is made of a different material, but can't find my source now. Easiest way to tell v1 vs v2 is the silver vs gold logo on top of the drone.

There is a difference. If you remove the back plate on the cam body & remove the top circuit board, you will see 3 black screws, 2 top, 1 bottom, at the perimeter of the board, see attached images. If you were to get gutsy & take that board off & access the lens module, you would see the shutter assy. The shutter works for stills only. The regular cam has smaller screws in the same location with white washers.

Sorry, this doesn't tell us any differences.

Can we use this ph4 camera independently? In our diy drones. Any way to power it up and get output to vtx ???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav