How can I keep GeForce tablet from falling off of suction cups sun shield

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a 8" GeForce Tablet and after I tighten clamp on sun shield, I tried sticking tablet on suction cups but tablet eventually falls off. What is everyone else doing to keep tablets on sun shield? I cut off the thread holding the rubber suction cups on and figured I would use velcro on tablet and sunshield. I only use this tablet for my drone so I figured it won't bother me to have velcro on back of tablet. Is this a good idea or is there a better way?

Thank you, Randy

1496711856834.jpg
1496711861835.jpg

Did you try the G clamp?

I would modify the shade so that the tablet holder can grip both tablet and shade and go for the Velcro solution you mentioned.

Reactions: Randy2747
Did you try the G clamp?

I would modify the shade so that the tablet holder can grip both tablet and shade and go for the Velcro solution you mentioned.
I'm not familiar with a G-clamp but I will Google it. Thx

That's is exactly what my next question was going to be haha. I noticed when I clamp the shield down tight that it's only holding the shield and not the tablet. I was thinking of cutting two small (3/8" x 9") pieces of rubber, gluing to the inside on the sun shield so it would clamp down on wood and also apply pressure on my tablet. And also it shouldn't stretch or tear the fabric where it's now clamps down on.

Thank you for the reply and your time I wanted to check and see if I am on the right path or a better way I will check into the game clamp now

Cheers, Randy

I'm not familiar with a G-clamp but I will Google it. Thx

That's is exactly what my next question was going to be haha. I noticed when I clamp the shield down tight that it's only holding the shield and not the tablet. I was thinking of cutting two small (3/8" x 9") pieces of rubber, gluing to the inside on the sun shield so it would clamp down on wood and also apply pressure on my tablet. And also it shouldn't stretch or tear the fabric where it's now clamps down on.

Thank you for the reply and your time I wanted to check and see if I am on the right path or a better way I will check into the game clamp now

Cheers, Randy
I was joking about the G clamp depicted in your pic posted.

Apologies if I mislead you, we call them G clamps on this side of the planet.
Oh that's okay... As I was searching for G clamp on Google (lol) I did notice they have a wider white plastic clamp for holding tablets which might be beneficial to secure my tablet a bit more [emoji6]

Sunshqades do not work anyway. Try just standing in the shade.

Sunshqades do not work anyway. Try just standing in the shade.
Lol... I would if I could, but I fly in a middle of a field... And I already paid for the sun shield so I might as well try and get it to work... And blocking some of the sun is still better then not blocking at all.

Lol... I would if I could, but I fly in a middle of a field... And I already paid for the sun shield so I might as well try and get it to work... And blocking some of the sun is still better then not blocking at all.
I have four different types of sunshields sitting in a drawer. Why, because unless the sun is I fro to of you, and not over or behind you, they can not block the suns glare. Even then they do a terrible job just because of the brightness. You need something to cover the entire screen. Using something over your head to cover the tablet and your head works, or a screen box that has four tall sides and you can look into it like a viewer.
You will understand once you start to use it and see that they are cumbersome and useless.
I have one that works. It is tall and has four sides. You look into it.
I will post a link.

I actually have the one you have. It is to thick to work in the device holder on the remote. It constantly slips out. I even tried cutting the notches big. Either way it didn't work in the sun.
This does...

I have the same hood and all I do is take a wet rag and run it over the suction cups and press the tablet down on it, it hasn't fell off yet.

If you can't get it to work, you can always try this option. ;)

Creapy Sun Sheild

I actually have the one you have. It is to thick to work in the device holder on the remote. It constantly slips out. I even tried cutting the notches big. Either way it didn't work in the sun.
This does...
Exactly.... When it clamps down it only clamps down on loose fabricated not the Drone. I am going modify the sun shield just to see if I can improve in their design and have it clamp down on both tablet and sunshield screen

This does...
Awesome video! I do like the screen at 1:50 mark. I like the idea it clips onto the tablet and back of tablet is open to keep tablet cool. When I used my GeForce in the sun sheild that I have now my tablet got pretty **** hot. Think I will try and modify my sunshield and if it doesn't work I believe I will try and find the sun shield at 1:50 Mark when the video. Thanks for sharing I appreciate it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20