Hover shake/Wobble with Gimbal

Reaction score
I've been running into a conundrum and thought I'd ask if anyone knows whats happening here.

I've got a fast wobble or shake when hovering. It showed up after installing DYS 3 axis smart gimbal (but I've also had the same effect putting a similar weight it's place) and tall Landing gear to add some clearance.

So here's the video, its shows up best about 4o seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TUTWUMgnNI

This seems to happen with any of the white plastic props I have ( which I've balanced)

If I use my CF props, it doesn't do the wobble, but struggles to get lift.

I've replaced the barrings on all the motors to no effect with this issue.

Thanks for any help.

I took a look at the video ... interesting. My first thought was to ensure the props are balanced. I have a du-bro balancer and find it tough with capped props. Nonetheless, it appears you have fully balanced CF props and have lift issues (more wobble with plastic props). Have you checked the gains? If the gains are too high, the quad will oscillate (allbeit more eradicate than your video).

Hey zeety mine just started doing the same wobble ,this is not a vibration it is a pure wobble I still have not figured it out yet but glad to see I'm not alone . So far I have done the following advanced calibration , compass reset recal. Radio and also inspected to make sure the board did not break the stands inside the naza . The only thing o did not do is take the gimble back off which should not be what is causing this , if I figure it out I will let you know what is causing this George

That's a prop issue. Double check your balance. I see that half a dozen times a week and it's always a prop issue. Whether they're chipped or just out of balance it's the harmonics of the props causing vibration..

Have a guy right now w/2 P2s one with stock style #26 props and the other w/PS aggressive props. Both have roughly 20 flights on them, no crashes but ends are chewed up. Both are doing exact same vibration as your video shows, one's actually worse.

Pics of 2 sets of worn out props by normal flights.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 510
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 557
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 563

Recent Posts

Members online