My P2V weird WOBBLE during hover fix!

Reaction score
Hello,
I just wanted to tell everyone about my P2v, and a recent issue I had!

First I recently upgraded my gimbal to a 2 axis gimbal, as well as a slew of other mods. Since all the upgrades, my bird has a weird WOBBLE, when it hovers, and also when it flies ( not too much in flight ) but REAL BAD in a hover!

I calibrated Tx in RC assistant, then did an ADVANCED IMU CALIBRATION, as well as calibrated Tx in PC assistant, also did a couple compass calibrations, no luck! Still WOBBLY as all get out! Wth?

I inspected the props, even tried a brand new set, NOTHING! So I decided I had a faulty motor and/or speed controller? I visually inspected motors, all looks good, turn smooth, no grit, all the same, no lift, all looked great? So I decided to take the bird apart, to get down and dirty!

Upon removing my gimbal, and camera, I found this:
13C1A5E1-BFD7-469C-BDCB-77EC49561190_zpshkm80drl.jpg

A different angle:
98817C73-B32F-435C-A15E-108869255DB5_zpsb989fega.jpg

1 of my new anti-jello balls was torn ( top to bottom? ) I replaced all 4 with a new set ( slightly stiffer set ) white 30*. Took her up, PROBLEM SOLVED!

All that crap, and headache over a $0.32 part! Ah well, live and LEARN!
Just wanted to share, in case others might have a problem like mine, maybe as simple as a bad anti-jello ball! WHOOOO HOOOOO, my CHEAPEST repair yet. Got a dji assortment anti-jello pack, 4 sets of 4 balls, all different stiffness, for $5.19us that is $1.29 a set, and $0.32 each ball. ( lol ) so my $1.29 fix! SOLD!

Take care, keep tinkering!
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Actually,
Did it on my doodle pad ( rough estimate ), but for shits and grins, I busted out the calculator, here are the
Actual numbers $5.19us, for 4 sets of 4 balls, is $1.2975us, a set of 4 balls, and $0.324375us, each ball! I'm not THAT smart! Close is good enough for me! Lol.
Start getting into thousandths, I'm OUT! {:0)

Your friend
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Actually,
Did it on my doodle pad ( rough estimate ), but for shits and grins, I busted out the calculator, here are the
Actual numbers $5.19us, for 4 sets of 4 balls, is $1.2975us, a set of 4 balls, and $0.324375us, each ball! I'm not THAT smart! Close is good enough for me! Lol.
Start getting into thousandths, I'm OUT! {:0)

Your friend
J Dot
Not bad for a set of balls ;)

Reactions: MrTommy
Nice catch J Dot. I've got a bit of a hover wobble on at the moment,. so will check those out. Thanks ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers