Hover - #1 app for Drone pilots adds International airports to no-fly zone maps!

Re: New app for Drone Enthusiasts launched

I can confirm that we will have the kp-index in the next update :)

I don't know if it is possible but a search feature for a particular area that you wanted to fly at would show you if it was fly or no fly.

jimandsue60 said:
I don't know if it is possible but a search feature for a particular area that you wanted to fly at would show you if it was fly or no fly.

We currently have that functionality, although it is a little tricky to find :) Tap the magnifying glass icon on the left side of the maps screen, then enter the location you'd like to see.

Enjoy!

Dan

lFAnyML.png

michael.reynolds1775 said:
Is there a way to show where exactly the fly/no fly information is being pulled from?

International maps would be awesome too, as I live in Okinawa Japan.

https://github.com/mapbox/drone-feedbac ... es/geojson

Its an open source map that pulls data from these geojson files provided by FAA, National Parks, and US Military.

txdan2010 said:
Is there a way to show where exactly the fly/no fly information is being pulled from?

Its an open source map that pulls data from these geojson files provided by FAA, National Parks, and US Military.

Sorry, I mean on the main page when the app displays fly/no fly criteria based on weather. Where is that information being pulled from (what town/city's weather station.)

txdan2010 said:

Sorry, I mean on the main page when the app displays fly/no fly criteria based on weather. Where is that information being pulled from (what town/city's weather station.)

You give the app permission to use your GPS location to pull the most local weather for your location. We use the GPS coordinate and fetch the most granular data using Yahoo Weather's API.

V1.1 of Hover has been submitted! Updates: Major fix with incorrect weather data, + Kp Index, Moved stopwatch to top view, Bug fixes

txdan2010 said:
V1.1 of Hover has been submitted! Updates: Major fix with incorrect weather data, + Kp Index, Moved stopwatch to top view, Bug fixes

How long does it take to be on iTunes after you submit it?

jimandsue60 said:
txdan2010 said:

How long does it take to be on iTunes after you submit it?

It typically takes 1-2 weeks to get approved by Apple. Its a very annoying process.

txdan2010 said:
Great to hear, I got the app when it first came out & love it. I know the additions will make it just that much better.

Larry L said:
txdan2010 said:
Great to hear, I got the app when it first came out & love it. I know the additions will make it just that much better.

Thanks Larry! We're always looking for new ways to improve the product :) Thanks to the awesome feedback from the community we were able to prioritize features that benefit you all the most!

Update should be coming out sometime next week! Any blogs or other RSS feeds we should add the news feed?

The update is available, at least in Florida. Looks good so far, can you give a list of updates so I do not miss anything? Thanks

jimandsue60 said:
The update is available, at least in Florida. Looks good so far, can you give a list of updates so I do not miss anything? Thanks

What's New in Version 1.1
* Major fix with incorrect compass and weather data
* Added Kp - Index
* Moved stopwatch to the top view

I loaded it but I couldn't get it to do anything...

PhantomFanatic said:
I loaded it but I couldn't get it to do anything...

You need to enable GPS so we can pull your local weather information. Swipe left or right to access the no-fly zone maps and the news feed respectively.

terrylowe said:
Downloaded update.
I love the improvements!
Sooo, what's coming next? ;-)

You all can help us with that :) Next steps:

- More qualified news sources (ongoing)
- International no-fly zone maps
- Better news feed experience

Wild ideas:
- Chat groups for pilots in your local area?
- A simple "drone catalog" to help new users choose their drone.
- Flight checklist

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20