Hover - #1 app for Drone pilots adds International airports to no-fly zone maps!

Re: New app for Drone Enthusiasts launched

jimandsue60 said:
txdan2010 said:
terrylowe said:
As long as we are including our wish lists, a list of above airplanes would be cool.....sorta like FlightRadar 24 interface. Also information on solar storms.

Hmm do you know if there is an API available for that?

Something like this ? http://flightaware.com/commercial/flightxml/

Ah cool ok. Do you think this information would reflect small prop planes? I feel like most of the planes tracked with this API are commercial/military aircraft.

Dan

While you''re at it adding all these superfluous nonsensical attributes to the app how about adding a good recipe for chilli?

txdan2010 said:
Ah cool ok. Do you think this information would reflect small prop planes? I feel like most of the planes tracked with this API are commercial/military aircraft.
Dan
Flightaware and other tracking apps only see the aircraft on IFR flight plans because the data comes from ATC radar - delayed for security reasons. There is another, FlightRadar, that uses the ADS-B data in real-time, but only the airlines and more expensive corporate aircraft can afford ADS-B equipment.
Smaller general aviation aircraft outnumber the airlines. They fly generally below 10,000 ft and are not receiving ATC radar services, which means they are not in the Flightaware or FlightRadar data.
So, the flight tracking software will not show you most of the low-flying GA aircraft which are the ones you would most likely be concerned with.

Well I just downloaded it and first impressions is that it looks pretty cool.
Maybe you could add a setting to change the speeds (mp/h - Km/h) and the temperature (F - C) for people living in different countries. Apart from that the information seemed pretty up to date. I love the news feed, it helped me to discover a rc Christmas tree which is pretty cool.

It would be great if the no-fly map could feature other countries. DJI have their own version of the map which I will put a link to below, I don't know if you could use it or not but it could be a possibility. The app could also use your location and show it on the map maybe...

Maybe the ability to create some sort of log book where you can add data and notes from your flights (swipe up...?)

Apart from those few things this app is awesome!

Link to DJI map: http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

Souper1211 said:
Well I just downloaded it and first impressions is that it looks pretty cool.
Maybe you could add a setting to change the speeds (mp/h - Km/h) and the temperature (F - C) for people living in different countries. Apart from that the information seemed pretty up to date. I love the news feed, it helped me to discover a rc Christmas tree which is pretty cool.

It would be great if the no-fly map could feature other countries. DJI have their own version of the map which I will put a link to below, I don't know if you could use it or not but it could be a possibility. The app could also use your location and show it on the map maybe...

Maybe the ability to create some sort of log book where you can add data and notes from your flights (swipe up...?)

Apart from those few things this app is awesome!

Link to DJI map: http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

Thank you for the positive feedback! Both MPH/KMH and F/C will be included in the next update (tapping the data will flip it). We'll be adding new RSS feeds too :)

We would love to bring our maps support worldwide. I just send an e-mail to DJI to gain access to their data. Yes, we plan on making the map experience much more smooth with your location automatically discovered and zoomed in.

When on the compass page with the timer, on top of the page it says FLY, is that supposed to change if you are near an airport?

jimandsue60 said:
When on the compass page with the timer, on top of the page it says FLY, is that supposed to change if you are near an airport?

At the moment, no. But that would a wise thing for us to do! I've put it in our task list.

txdan2010 said:
jimandsue60 said:

At the moment, no. But that would a wise thing for us to do! I've put it in our task list.

Gotcha, I went to large airport today and checked the app. I thought for certain it would say NoFly. I even closed the app and reopened it, it still said fly, so I started flying. Ahhhhh only kidding :)

txdan2010 said:
Thank you for the positive feedback! Both MPH/KMH and F/C will be included in the next update (tapping the data will flip it). We'll be adding new RSS feeds too :)

We would love to bring our maps support worldwide. I just send an e-mail to DJI to gain access to their data. Yes, we plan on making the map experience much more smooth with your location automatically discovered and zoomed in.
Awesome, I look forward to the next update.
It's great that your keeping this app free so thanks :)

Souper1211 said:
txdan2010 said:

No problem :) The app will always we free, and we will never pester you with intersitial ads :p All we ask is that you continue to provide valuable feedback and tell anyone other drone enthusiasts about us!

Is it available for android

wju said:
Is it available for android

Not yet, but thats something we see as critical in the future :) I wouldn't expect anything for at least 2-3 months.

txdan2010 said:
Souper1211 said:
txdan2010 said:

No problem :) The app will always we free, and we will never pester you with intersitial ads :p All we ask is that you continue to provide valuable feedback and tell anyone other drone enthusiasts about us!
I will do my best to share the app with others!

@Everyone, is there any other features you'd like to see?

txdan2010 said:
Hey everyone,

I want to get your feedback on our early version of "Hover." Hover is an app for drone enthusiasts, with real time weather data, drone news feed, and no fly zone maps. We'd like to know what you think of the features, and we would love to hear your feedback on the experience and what features you'd like in the future. Please see the link below :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hover-d ... 41516?mt=8

Got it just now. Seems to be fairly accurate, and having the windspeed at one's location is certainly very handy (it's around 31 mph here at the house in Oklahoma City, and needless to say, no flying today!). Thanks very much for making this.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Fred in OKC

radioguy said:
txdan2010 said:
Hey everyone,

I want to get your feedback on our early version of "Hover." Hover is an app for drone enthusiasts, with real time weather data, drone news feed, and no fly zone maps. We'd like to know what you think of the features, and we would love to hear your feedback on the experience and what features you'd like in the future. Please see the link below :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hover-d ... 41516?mt=8

Got it just now. Seems to be fairly accurate, and having the windspeed at one's location is certainly very handy (it's around 31 mph here at the house in Oklahoma City, and needless to say, no flying today!). Thanks very much for making this.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Fred in OKC

Sweet man, I appreciate the positive feedback!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj