Hourly rates

Reaction score
For the experienced professionals out there making a living with sUAV aerial imagery: What hourly rates does the market bear for general work? I understand that there are package prices that people typically charge for Real-Estate shoots, land survey, etc.

I'm thinking more a long the lines of someone find's out about you and your business, has some custom job they want done. What rate do you charge, and what time do you charge for (like, include travel time to site or not, etc., mission planning time, or charge just for the flight time)?

droners.io

See what people have listed for average hourly rates in your area. They're going to be highly dependent on supply/demand in your local market.

Reactions: BigAl07
Rate is very dependent on the local market, your skills, and your tools.

If it's a business you need to factor ALL of those items you listed into the equation or at the end of the day you're likely going to be working for pennies.

If it's just a hobby that makes some side money then just flight time will work. Your best bet would be to get a solid and detailed business plan together.

The "process" of creating a quality business plan will teach you so much about your business, your industry, and your local competition. To be honest when we developed our business plan we actually changed our business model because of it. This made a HUGE difference on the bottom line too.

If you don't have the resources to develop your own BP you can hire someone to do it. Contact your local Small Business Dept at the local college and they can help you get going in the right direction.

We have half day rates, full day rates and we also charge travel time if it's more than 30min to the site. This is a whole different price than simple Real Estate or Architecture photography.

Thanks everyone, with special thanks to @BigAl07 for providing so much useful information.

I spent my career in the IT industry, most recently as COO of a small tech firm. For a variety of reasons, I've decided to start in a completely new direction in my life, and am at the very start of exploring aerial imagery services as a possibility. I have no illusions about how easy or "mannah from heaven" this business might be. Still, I have a passion for aircraft, flying, photoghraphy, and the technology is right on the cusp of mind-blowing capabilities. An engineer by training and a total tech/electronics/machines/toys geek, this seems to be coming along at just the right time for me.

So, that's my story, and why I'm asking. Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl