Hot charger

Reaction score
Hi,

This might be a common beginner's question. I've only flown my P3 a few times. Today, after charging my battery, i noticed my charger was hot as hell. I mean real hot, too hot to touch. Is this normal? I only charged to approx 75% as i won't be flying again for a week. The battery was cool tho.

Thanks

I mean real hot, too hot to touch. Is this normal?
It should not get that hot. Does this occur with only a single battery? The battery itself might be warm to the touch, as the charger might be. This could indicate a problem with the either/or. If you do not have another battery, I would check the charge levels and cell values just to compare. The indicator lights really do not tell whole the story. I would first fully charge that battery and do a very short flight to check the cell deviations, preferably by the data files, and secondly via the app. If these appear normal, it could be a charger issue.

It's a fairly new battery. It's only done 20 charges. I always let the battery cool down before i charge it. I'm sure the charger never got so hot before.
How do i check the cells? Thru the dji go app?

How do i check the cells? Thru the dji go app?
You can check those through the app, however a short flight log review would be more accurate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl