Horizontal lines and a vertical line on recorded video

Reaction score
I just recorded a video with my Phantom 2 and a gopro Hero 3 White on a H3-3D gimbal and 500 mW video TX.
I have the video TX module under the drone on the outside, and beside it there is the interference board.
The video TX antenna was pointed towards the gopro so it was beside the gopro about 5 cm from the camera.

When i came home and checked the video recording from the gopro it had grayish lines running horizontally all over the video at all times, it also had a blueish /purple line running vertical on the right side of the screen about 3 cm out from the edge. This vertical line was not present at all times, but appeared only sometimes for about 5 seconds at a time, the horizontal lines were present at all times.

Any ideas to whats the cause for this and how to avoid it? Can it be that the TX antenna were to close to the gopro?

Don't know about vertical lines, but horizontal lines can often be caused when your Phantom is in such a position that shadows from the props can fall across the lens of your camera.

Well I'm not sure, but it looked more like some kind of interference. Any other ideas, i thought that there should be a whole lot of people being familiar with this problem, but your answer is the first and only one in three days. I thought this was a not too uncommon problem?

Unfortunately the only interference I have experienced is when flying directly overhead, when the tx and rx aerials are pointing straight at each other and therefore not optimally aligned, or when pushing distance limits.

As stated in my response above, the only horizontal line effects I get is when the prop blades get between the sun and the lens and cast shadows.

Thanks for your answer, i doubt this is shadows and should they be visible on the recording itself and not only on the FPV monitor? In my case its the recordings that are affected.
Maybe the video TX antenna was too close to the gopro? I have to check that next time i am able to fly.

Shadow interference tends to be more noticeable on the recorded image rather than the FPV monitor, or it is with my setup.

Aha, i see. Anyway i had the chance to briefly take the P2 out for a flight, what i did was to reposition the video TX antenna that earlier was right beside the gopro, no interference whatsoever in the recorded video this time.
Im not sure if it was the antenna that was the cause for it, but it sure looks as it was the antenna.

Hell of a lot easier to see what you're talking about in a video then in print. :rolleyes:

Hell of a lot easier to see what you're talking about in a video then in print. :rolleyes:

Well I'm sure everybody understands what i have described, its a pretty common problem to have lines on the screen, i just wanted to know what the reason could be, but now that problem is solved.
Its pretty easy to understand what horizontal and vertical lines means.

And by the way, i have a couple of days ago posted another question about a gimbal problem where i included a video, it have gotten zero answers, so it seems a video doesn't always help apparently?

Well I'm sure everybody understands what i have described, its a pretty common problem to have lines on the screen, i just wanted to know what the reason could be, but now that problem is solved.
Its pretty easy to understand what horizontal and vertical lines means.

And by the way, i have a couple of days ago posted another question about a gimbal problem where i included a video, it have gotten zero answers, so it seems a video doesn't always help apparently?

That strictly your opinion. It could be to many have their minds wrapped around those P3's or didn't have an answer to your question.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31