Horizon FPV Antennas Terminator Extreme Unboxing

Hook up your old antenna to it see what your range is there, that'll tell you a lot about your u.fl cables ,then hook up the extreme unboosted. If your bird was flying fine before, at least a reasonable range, then I wouldn't worry about the firmware or the UF.l cables
Some times you have to step back so you can go forward. Boy do I know that.
BeauS You can do it. we are all rooting for you :sweatsmile:

I agree with Mark. I don't understand how a 17dBi can perform better than a 19dBi. Does anyone know what the max distance achieved was with the 5.8 extreme? I know DB got some great distance but when Will tested them did he get farther than what DB did?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Pro came across this video on Youtube, Was wondering if it can be used with antenna's also. Interesting Idea,

DSC_0544.jpg
DSC_0557.jpg
DSC_0555.jpg
here is the collinear array

DSC_0557.jpg
DSC_0555.jpg

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Hey guys, I've been out of the game for a long time. This is the first time I've flown in months.

I'm having some major signal issues though with the Extreme. I get a weak transmission signal right away, with no signal about about 500ft.

I think the video is limited to that same distance too. Not sure where the problem is yet, do I need to recheck my u.FL cables?

My firmware is 1.2.40 on the standard. Also, is the Extreme sitting okay here Will?

20160713_204117.jpg
if you having signal problems , could be a few things , amps , cables , do direct connection the the exterme pair and see how it works.

Hey guys, I've been out of the game for a long time. This is the first time I've flown in months.

I'm having some major signal issues though with the Extreme. I get a weak transmission signal right away, with no signal about about 500ft.

I think the video is limited to that same distance too. Not sure where the problem is yet, do I need to recheck my u.FL cables?

My firmware is 1.2.40 on the standard. Also, is the Extreme sitting okay here Will?

20160713_204117.jpg
losing the signal 500 feet is like the antennas are not connected.... also you have to POWER uptake rf amps for the signal to pass thru!

Yeah, my idea is to grab that tripod with the antennas on it and secure the three legs of it around the top section of an aluminum telescopic flagpole. Then close the legs nice and tight around the flagpole section with something like cable ties or hose clamps. Aim the antenna from the ground. Then just extend it up manually without twisting because the pole will lock in with steel pop up buttons as each section is fully extended. Fly. Lower it when done and put everything safely away in the house or shed to protect from wind and rain. It would only take a few minutes.

**** that sux Beau.. did you get it figured out?

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

**** that sux Beau.. did you get it figured out?

I went out and did a check on my u.FL cables, all 3 are are reading around .2 ohms with a lead on the center pin, one on the outer connector. Also checked to see if any were spun around inside and they all look clean. DB, I actually no longer have my old antenna, I sold it to help pay for the Extreme.

Hey beau i have a couple 2.4's from the sunhans and a 5.8 helical i can send you to test. I think i still have spare u.fl to sma's as well. Let me know

Hey beau i have a couple 2.4's from the sunhans and a 5.8 helical i can send you to test. I think i still have spare u.fl to sma's as well. Let me know

Hey Pro, I didn't think of using the antennas from the sunhans... I have a few actually, can I use one from a 5.8 sunhans? Otherwise I do have that IB Crazy antenna too.

Hey Pro, I didn't think of using the antennas from the sunhans... I have a few actually, can I use one from a 5.8 sunhans? Otherwise I do have that IB Crazy antenna too.
yeah man just screw on the 2 - 2.4's and a 5.8 and try it. I used the sunhans 2.4's and a 8 turn 5.8 before to mess around with and my video didn't cut until 3500' in a very tree dense area. So if you can get out over 1000' youll know your u.fl cables are good

Reactions: dirtybum
Beau, were you able to try the extremes without amps to see if maybe it was the amps causing it? I'm sure you checked over and over but you made sure all the cables were correct? It has to be a cable or amp issue...more likely a cable

Beau, were you able to try the extremes without amps to see if maybe it was the amps causing it? I'm sure you checked over and over but you made sure all the cables were correct? It has to be a cable or amp issue...more likely a cable
I check all the cables, and they all looked correct. I will try both the extremes without amps and the sunhans antennas today.

Pro, I tested this afternoon. I was able to get over 1000ft with the Sunhans and turned around. My u.FL cables are good I believe. I tested again with just the antenna attached to the remote, and made it out to 3000ft before no signal, adjusted my height but still could not get past that distance. Will is in contact with me on a solution!

Pro, I tested this afternoon. I was able to get over 1000ft with the Sunhans and turned around. My u.FL cables are good I believe. I tested again with just the antenna attached to the remote, and made it out to 3000ft before no signal, adjusted my height but still could not get past that distance. Will is in contact with me on a solution!
there are instances when the rf amp have a problem , we had a set not receive very well ,the only way to privets to transpose the amps , or do a ground test only on receive , we have had new rf amps out of the box do this !

best is to do a test with a friend , have the kit at around 1000 meters out inline of site on the ground , then check receive images or RC control signals with and without amps .

we had a case on a long flight when we could not get past 3000ft , turned out we had a duff RF amp on receive. ill do test this week with similar kit to what you have at around 4km .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj