Hooking up tablet to P4P+? Possible?

Reaction score
I have two P4P, a standard model running a Huawei M3 tablet and the P4P+ with built-in display. To my surprise I find myself flying the P4P+ all the time because of the convenience and screen performance.

I would like to sell the P4P standard but would miss Litchi operation, can a tablet be 'linked' in some way to the P4P+ controller, or are there reasonable 'non-hack' ways to install Litchi (and Pix4D,etc) onto the P4P+ controller?

Apologies if this is done to death somewhere else, feel free to tell me to FAQ off.

TIA

Adam

Yes, it is possible to add litchi to your 300E with screen. I have not done it, others here have. Download app to SD card and install into SD card slot on remote. Hopefully soon, someone here will fill in the details. Anyone? Good luck.

You can also attach viewing devices, (by usb or hdmi), but they cannot control the drone. Only watch.

Last edited:
Go to, search forum. Type Litchi for P4P+ Might help until someone joins in.

It’s now available from the Amazon store right on your screen. Without SD card. Use browser to get to Amazon store.

Last edited:
are there reasonable 'non-hack' ways to install Litchi (and Pix4D,etc) onto the P4P+ controller?
no p4 for me and for sure no + rc but i saw this question asked so much (included by @Capt KO) so i bookmarked this one for fututre use. hope it helps:

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks people, I'll check that out and see how it works.

A
Let me know how it works for you. I have standard and plus remotes for three P4P’s. Previously, I could not load Litchi onto the 300E, so loaded in iOS to iPads. I have to pay again to get the android version onto the 300E, so want to know how easy it is to load, now. Thanks.

I'm more interested in the OPs question about how can a tablet be 'linked' in some way to the P4P+ controller. I'd like a bigger screen.

To link p4p plus to litchi use controller, go to amazon and buy. It is different license than the one for android tablet. I have litchi on my p4p plus

I have an P4Adv+ with the GL300E controller, and have successfully installed Litchi on the built in-device, albeit with some messing around with Amazon apps instead of the normal Play Store. I start up in DJIGo, make sure everything is working, Force DJIGo to Stop, then connect the controller to itself with a USB cable, which triggers a message/option to use another app to control the aircraft. Start Litchi, and proceed.....Note; I found all this on various Litchi forums and have had both success, and non-success doing it..I'm also very new to the Litchi app and have a single focus for this experimentation/intent (mapping photography missions with defined overlapping photos) so haven't tried out any of its other features....I have not tried connecting a different tablet to the aircraft through the controller

My controller has a port I can hook up external monitor, but I have not heard of anyone connecting a tablet to built in screen.

You have three outputs on your remote to hook up a larger screen, But not to another remote. Two USBs and one HDMI. If not set already, you can enable them in the app.
I'm more interested in the OPs question about how can a tablet be 'linked' in some way to the P4P+ controller. I'd like a bigger screen.

Reactions: JeffreyS
You have three outputs on your remote to hook up a larger screen, But not to another remote. Two USBs and one HDMI. If not set already, you can enable them in the app.
To my knowledge, never been done. You can get a separate controller without screen and use tablet/phone with new controller.

To my knowledge, never been done. You can get a separate controller without screen and use tablet/phone with new controller.
Just reminding him (JefferyS) that he has the option to watch a larger scvreen, that's all. How about a 60-inch, sit in the pilot's seat. Still have to use the remote for Ctrl. and a generator. Laptop screen works fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffreyS

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic