HOMIDO VR headset

Reaction score
Dear PP members,

As I browsed through some interesting sites (360 aerial panoramas and 360 aerial movies) I landed on the web site of Homido ( http://www.homido.com/en )

IF DJI or some other app programmer could develop an app for this headset in use with the Phantom range quad copter's that would be awesome to fly immersive FPV flights . Especially for the price of the headset.

Two problems I see with trying to use this unit, it is wifi and so is the app for the Phantom, can't use both at same time. 2nd problem it used VR apps and those are limited. Might be good for movies but not for FPV with Phantom.

Two problems I see with trying to use this unit, it is wifi and so is the app for the Phantom, can't use both at same time. 2nd problem it used VR apps and those are limited. Might be good for movies but not for FPV with Phantom.

It is not a WiFi headset. It's just a smart phone holder like the Google Cardboard but better quality materials and several adjustment knobs. I only was wondering if there was an APP programmer who can program an APP like the DJI Vision but when turning the smartphone horizontal there are two smaller window versions on it's screen which is necessary for getting the immersive FPV feeling looking through the Homido headset.

Last edited:
Litchi app works with google cardboard. You can get a good quality headset for around $25 (look on aliexpress.com). VR isn't great becasue Litchi requires 640x480, which is about as good as the P@ will do, but it is much better than squinting at a washed out phone in the sun.

Just tried out the iPhone App DroneVR with my DJI Inspire 1 and a FreeFlyVR mount for my iPhone6+, which is quite similar to the Homido. Works really well and does even head-tracking. App should works also with the Phantom 3 but haven't tried.

Will this app work on the Mavic Pro also if I have the Homido VR Headset?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31