home lock not working p3s

Reaction score
when my mate flicked the s1 switch down to the bottom on his P3S a message appeared on the tablet "enable IFM" so I clicked agree or similar but the next page that should give him the option of what mode did not appear so he couldn't try the home lock that he wanted to try out, I had already ticked the box when I set it up for him to enable IFM, I'm wondering if I also had to tick something else,
any advice welcome

I'm sure you have all correct ... but worth watching just to be sure ...

Only one point I would make .... The usual distance from Home Point that is recc'd for functions to be able to activate is 20m / 60ft or more .. whether this applies here or not I'm not sure.

Nigel

I'm sure you have all correct ... but worth watching just to be sure ...

Only one point I would make .... The usual distance from Home Point that is recc'd for functions to be able to activate is 20m / 60ft or more .. whether this applies here or not I'm not sure.

Nigel
Hi Nigel as I'm not used to p3s (I fly a p3p) I was not sure what distance you had to be so I got him to fly way out maybe 25mts and it still didn't work but watching Tom Tech vid I did notice that after you flick the s1 switch down a small logo? appears on the top of the screen, click on that then the page appears that gives you the choice of modes
well as this was all new to him, he's not really setup completely, he needs a sunshade and an anti glare cover on the screen as I couldn't really see the screen, so I'm sure now that the logo was there but I couldn't see it looking over his shoulder.
he only visits when he's got time to have a bit of tuition so next time hopefully he'll have a better setup.
thanks for your reply
Ray

I'll be honest and say that I never use it ... I just use RTH... and let it come home on its own till I see clearly and then manually land.
I am usually flying at the RTH height I sedt anyway - so there is literally no wasted vertical climb energy to account for ... RTH also orientates the craft correctly so I know its facing me when I take back control.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart