Home Lock from moving platform

Reaction score
What if we set home lock from moving platform (Car, truck, train, boat). Will the P4 stay locked to where Home Lock was initialized or will home lock continue to be updated with position of controller (on moving platform). Next, if we let go of controls, will P4 hover in spot or will it hover in spot in relation to moving controller?

Question is begging for new intelligent flight mode which can be Follow Me + Home Lock. Imagine the possibilities :)

What if we set home lock from moving platform (Car, truck, train, boat). Will the P4 stay locked to where Home Lock was initialized or will home lock continue to be updated with position of controller (on moving platform). Next, if we let go of controls, will P4 hover in spot or will it hover in spot in relation to moving controller?

Question is begging for new intelligent flight mode which can be Follow Me + Home Lock. Imagine the possibilities :)
Home will only be where the Phantom launched unless you reset it to a new location.

Litchi: Dynamic home point. (H follows the controller)

Litchi: Dynamic home point. (H follows the controller)

So with this Dynamic Home Point feature in a boating application, can you also be in HOme Lock at a radius of more than 33 feet and use roll command to circle the moving boat? If so, I believe you would then still need to use yaw to keep the camera facing the moving boat while circling it

I've never used dynamic home other than a follow me flight. You might be able to use "track" mode in combination tracking your subject while moving.

In a water situation, I would think that placing the home point back on land in a open area would be the safest thing...

Litchi allows the Home point to be moved anywhere while in the air. I love that!

please allow me to exactly detail what I'm trying to achieve and lets see if we can find a workable solution.

Scene setup:
Moving Truck in straight line at 30mph .... pilot siting next to truck driver in cabin while actor/subject is in back of truck. ... I want to have close up of actor , fly/zoom out, gain altitude, semi circle over head and then fly overhead and infront of the truck. All the while keeping actor in frame. which means quad is flying backward more then speed of truck while keeping camera on subject.

If Dynamic Home Point and Home lock can be used in combination, it will allow me to shoot this with ease ... track mode doesn't give me freedom to do close up and then do circle around while subject is in motion as well as pilot. I don't want to use osmo or other tools for multiple takes ... looking for ways to shoot it in one seamless take ... any suggestions !

Litchi C1, C2 button assignments have options such as this.
POI focus.png

What you are needing is very complex.

Reactions: Romeo Alpha
If dynamic home can be used with focus: POI on controller. (placing controller near subject) then this may work.

AutoPilot is the best tool for this, IMO, and the only one on iOS. Using an airspace object, which allows you to tie another device in via local or cell net. So you run AutoPilot on your device connected to the quad, launch Airspace on another device, and connect it to your AutoPilot instance. Then use Cruse mode and choose the airspace object as your focus point and set aircraft orientation as home lock or focus point locked. It’s a setup you’ll need to test and practice with a bit but it works really well and is incredibly powerful.

Flight School - Hangar

AutoPilot is the best tool for this, IMO, and the only one on iOS. Using an airspace object, which allows you to tie another device in via local or cell net. So you run AutoPilot on your device connected to the quad, launch Airspace on another device, and connect it to your AutoPilot instance. Then use Cruse mode and choose the airspace object as your focus point and set aircraft orientation as home lock or focus point locked. It’s a setup you’ll need to test and practice with a bit but it works really well and is incredibly powerful.

Flight School - Hangar
went over complete AutoPilot manual and videos ... mind blowing stuff ... this is exactly what I was looking for ... thanks a bunch

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga