Set RTH to controller

Reaction score
Just confirming that P3Pro with DJI Go software on a non GPS iPad cannot update RTH position from a moving boat whether in any manual update mode or auto mode.

Any work around apart from swapping to a GPS cell version iPad?

I usually land manually anyhow but we drifted away from Home Point once beyond the range that was set after an update and the P3 headed off back to the previous launch spot..not much fun. Anyhow we chased it and regained manual control.
Want to be able to have the home point at the controller all the time anyhow no matter what or where :)

Pretty sure tha Dynmic Homepoint requires GPS on the tablet/phone

Can't be done. I would suggest use your phone while flying on the boat just to be safe and be able to update your home point then when your not on the boat you can use the iPad. Not telling you what to do, lol BUT, if I wAs you I would look into swapping out the non cell ipad with a cell version (you don't have to have it activated and pay a monthly fee to have it work) just throw your phones SIM card into the iPad while flying or hot spot tether it with your phone, either will work and your good to go with no monthly fee.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Can't be done. I would suggest use your phone while flying on the boat just to be safe and be able to update your home point then when your not on the boat you can use the iPad. Not telling you what to do, lol BUT, if I wAs you I would look into swapping out the non cell ipad with a cell version (you don't have to have it activated and pay a monthly fee to have it work) just throw your phones SIM card into the iPad while flying or hot spot tether it with your phone, either will work and your good to go with no monthly fee.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yep..you are right :)..I suspected such and this is a great alternate suggestion as I am bound to stuff up again perhaps. We track whales so we are all over the place following them.

I use an Ipad mini 2 and tether it to my mobile, if you have an I phone just use the hot spot function.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav