Home based drone security

The only possibility of a real drone based security if the drone have long last battery that don’t need to be recharge for hours or maybe someone invent a solar powered drone that can last all day.

Sounds like a solution in search of a problem. Just what you need, a security system operating at 70db and can be taken down by a rain storm.

I could see the appeal for someone who owns a large fact of land, has lots of money and wants to be able to investigate remote sensor trips work a minimum of fuss. But that is a small niche market, even assuming the system works as designed. A traditional camera system will be infinitely more reliable.

I also can't see how this could cost less than $60 or $70 per drone, per month. And that's being generous.

Next time my dog barks, I'll unleash my drone.

I did notice that the service is listed at about $9 a month, and about $80 per year. That seems incredibly low! It would deter would-be thieves, if a loud, buzzing drone zoomed over to them when they were on your property, though! I think I'll stick with my traditional security for the time being: night vision cameras, audio detection, dogs, and, as a last resort, firearms! :)

Reactions: macoman
As an engineer that is into robotics and drones, I love the engineer challenge. I could see one that could watch a neighborhood. Someone could activate it by address and it could fly around and take a look making the video available to members.

It would be more of an intimidation factor to scare them off. You can make waterproof drones and it would not be flying all the time only as needed.

Not sure if it would be practical but fun project.

Reactions: KentA
But I think the neighbors would be hacked off with the constant buzzing and shoot it down lol

Look at the ads on the rest of the page Magic metal, and a new wave of wealth from weed.

I did notice that the service is listed at about $9 a month, and about $80 per year. That seems incredibly low! It would deter would-be thieves, if a loud, buzzing drone zoomed over to them when they were on your property, though! I think I'll stick with my traditional security for the time being: night vision cameras, audio detection, dogs, and, as a last resort, firearms! :)
It's "incredibly low" because that price does not include the drone or the security system. It states on their site that it only works with the Mavic Pro and you purchase the security sensors separately. Their web site is a little misleading because many of the pictures use some cheap Raspberry Pi controlled drone. Nor does it provide much specific information about the rest of the hardware. I'm not making any assumptions about how well their system works, but it looks like it's just software to send alerts based on triggers from the hardware.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Drone technology rise is too fast than we expected. Now people love to use the 4K cameras attached with the drone than anything else because it can capture wide range of things. For example, you have a 10 acre ban, then you can have a drone camera to get the complete visualization of your property. But the only thing you need to take care of is the battery power of the drone. If it perished, then everything will go blank. Also, the focal length of the drone is limited, also the weather can be an added disadvantage. Rain, wind and cloud makes your day real bad. The idea brought is too good, really help the customers, but the same thing can be done with normal security systems and alarms. The one thing you need is an integrated system and a mobile phone. Also, most of the safety alarm apps and security systems have a direct access to the customer service station, they monitor and do the needful thing. It is always better to have a security system, emergency contact numbers, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
These have been around for decades havent they ?
Wasnt Dark Angel real ?

HoverDrone1a.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl