Holy Crap ! Now RC signal not working

Reaction score
OK ... while watching the Poll thread I started ... I saw people voting for downgrade.

So I took 1.05.007 and put on SD card .. put into camera slot ... switched on ... all went just as Pap Ita video ... little green light came on saying all finished. Txt file on SD card said successful.

Powered of and then started up all ...

First Tx controller
Then aircraft
Then Smartphone.

Tx Controller had GREEN LED for signal lock.
Aircraft had RED LED with yellow blinking lights.
Smartphone said SIGNAL LOST ..... but Controller and WiFi all showed strong 'bars' ...

I went through the RC Link process at least 4x ...

I even re-installed the 1.06.08 FW ..... but still same ... did all the Rc Relink thing many times ... nothing.

Controller shows GREEN LED but no commands to aircraft at all with aircraft shwoing RED LED and fast blinking yellows.

I am now sitting looking and wondering what the hell to do ... Help !!

Nigel

Are you still able to control the camera? There are two options for creating relink, either using DJI GO app, or left hand down on the gimbal wheel and toggle S2 switch. I have found on occasion I have had to do both procedures in order to fully relink.

Matt

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

No camera control at all ....

I have tried both ways to re-link ... via Go App and also toggling switch. Both report Link completed but aircraft still has RED LED and no control.

I have full video on display ... but absolutely no control via DJI or Transmitter. I can pick up aircraft and pan with display changing with it.

Transmitter has GREEN LED showing locked onto aircraft.

Display shows good Wifi bars but SIGNAL LOST

Aircraft small LED under for Rc Link is red. Legs blinking yellow

??????

Nigel

Last edited:
No camera control at all ....

I have full video on display ... but absolutely no control via DJI or Transmitter.

Transmitter has GREEN LED showing locked onto aitcraft.

Display shows good Wifi bars but SIGNAL LOST

Aircraft small LED under for Rc Link is red. Legs blinking yellow

??????

Nigel

It appears to have become un-linked. Try the re-linking process

Tried re-link many times ... both via Go App and also via toggling switch ... both report Link completed - but no change to control ... still SIGNAL LOST and aircraft LED solid red ... with legs blinking yellow.

One YT vid - the guy shows to delete hidden files on the SD card ... now I quick-formatted my SD card before putting the bin file on it ... but this may mean that hidden files remain ...
Its strange that when viewing the card I have loads of hidden stiff on it ... I'm now doing a full format and will try again.

Nigel

Try to calibrate RC on app Dji GO... To see what happens..

Did that .... all moves and calibrates as it should. Its as if the Controller is linking at its end, but aircraft says its not... with controller not feeding instructions to the aircraft. The display is receiving camera picture but again aircraft not receiving commands.

Can't move the camera up and down by moving the dial next to s2?

Tx does nothing at all except show green light.

Actually I just tried GO App again to alter camera and it tilted when I moved the dot on the bar right hand side of screen ... so display is commanding camera ...
display is showing me moving in front of camera ... but signal lost is flashing red.
Radar screen shows tilt and yaw when moving model.

It all seems to me that the Tx controller itself is at fault ...

Is it that the Tx controller FW is somehow corrupted or fails to communicate commands to the model ?

I had the exact same problem.
Was updating the drone from 1.3.5 to 1.5.7 via sd-card method. The remote was not affected by this update.
I had no link in the DJI GO app (signal lost) even though I could see the camera image. I was unable to move the gimbal.
Then I started the update procedure in the DJI GO app. First time the update failed. On the 2nd try the update went through in about 1minute, without even affecting the drone. After a restart of the remote the drone was linked again.

What FW version did you upgrade from?

I had the exact same problem.
Was updating the drone from 1.3.5 to 1.5.7 via sd-card method. The remote was not affected by this update.
I had no link in the DJI GO app (signal lost) even though I could see the camera image. I was unable to move the gimbal.
Then I started the update procedure in the DJI GO app. First time the update failed. On the 2nd try the update went through in about 1minute, without even affecting the drone. After a restart of the remote the drone was linked again.

What FW version did you upgrade from?

Hi ... I was actually downgrading from latest FW to 1.05.07 because I had Video Feed problems. Stupid thing is I had great Tx flight control but crap Video Feed on original 1.06.08 FW .... so I did as many have put in forums - downgrade to 1.05.07 ..... now I have Video but no Tx control at all !!

I cannot get to Update FW on DJI Go App ... it just does not come up .... is there any way to get Go App to trigger a re-install of FW ... even if I go back to its original 1.06.08 !!

This really is strange ...

If I turn of the model - my phone shows disconnected and goes grey. My Tx controller LED turns red.

This shows that the Video / Display feed is working and some connection is getting through ...

But the Tx controller sticks / gimbal wheel etc. are dead. There is just no way I can see to get the Tx controller to have a Green Light on the model !

I have even tried installing 1.07.0082 FW ... same.

Nigel

I tried every variation I could to relink versions of Go ... everything ... drove me nuts ! Even dreamed about the mess !!

Woke up this morning and thought well - another day at it.

I had downloaded some 1.07 FW and I knew that .0082 and .0084 had bad 'press' and were quoted as Beta's. But online was a version ... 1.07.0090 ....

Well I did not think I could be any worse of ... so I formatted my SD card ... copied the 1.07.0090 onto it ... installed it and switched on EVERYTHING !!

It took longer ... instead of 2 - 3 mins as before - this took 4 - 5 mins and my camera did the tumble down start up routine 3x ... beeps were changing every minute or so ... lights changing ... and then ...................................................

Well Blow me over !! I saw a twinkle of GREEN through the vent on the leg ... Rc Link was made ... all working !!

I have no idea why or what ... but I have control again.

I will now be charging up and going outside for a test flight !! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!

Can anyone say what the status of the 1.07.0090 FW is ? Is it Alpha, Beta or final ? Is it official ? Maybe it was what was on my machine out of box ?

Nigel

Back to original problem of video feed dropping out ... leaving me to fly visually only. Full control of camera - record on / off ... but no displayed video.

:) i understand... before use, read the the thread..
What firmware do you have now?
I have 1.06.08, and i am using magic power... but just the last few flights...
last flight 1.5km, country side, no interference, video always fine

Tried ... program locks up and doesn't start process ... just sits.

I have FW 1.07.0090 .....

I don't think it works with later FW ... I see others posting about it as well.

Reactions: eko.saputra

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.