Holding P3 Battery In Solution

Reaction score
In order to make sure the battery doesn't back out and cause a crash I have attached several pieces of Velcro to both the battery and body of the quad to which I attach the matching Velcro to help keep the battery installed.
IMG_20150610_194210227.jpg
IMG_20150610_194237837_HDR.jpg

The battery will not come out if it is fully inserted properly. Slot it half way in and then give it a decent shove so it fully snaps into position. You won't need to worry.

The battery will not come out if it is fully inserted properly. Slot it half way in and then give it a decent shove so it fully snaps into position. You won't need to worry.
Tell that to the 3 owners who have posted this week about crashing their quads do to the battery backing out :) This just additional insurance in case you forget to seat the battery properly. I think one possible issue is if you happen to pick up your quad by gripping it on the battery, you could accidently press the release button and not notice it. The battery area is a handy place to grip it.

Last edited:
I kinda bet that they either inserted battery incorrect and shut props dow in flight... Then battery came loose on impat like coldfire said

And then the pull test... Try to pull it out.

Absolutely THIS. I had a hard crash and my battery popped out. I immediately thought I had broken the retaining tabs on impact, but nope. When I install it, the ONLY way it comes out is if I pinch the releases and give a good tug. Still, my crash made me paranoid so I now do the pull test each and every time I install a battery. Should be part of everyone's pre-flight checklist.

Absolutely THIS. I had a hard crash and my battery popped out. I immediately thought I had broken the retaining tabs on impact, but nope. When I install it, the ONLY way it comes out is if I pinch the releases and give a good tug. Still, my crash made me paranoid so I now do the pull test each and every time I install a battery. Should be part of everyone's pre-flight checklist.
The only issue I have with this is the only place to get a good grip on the battery is on the tabs. The rest of the battery is so slick you can't get a good grip. So, you grab the on the tabs to give it a pull test and before you know it you released it, :(

The only issue I have with this is the only place to get a good grip on the battery is on the tabs. The rest of the battery is so slick you can't get a good grip. So, you grab the on the tabs to give it a pull test and before you know it you released it, :(
Not trying to discount your solution at all...it's a great idea for sure and I can definitely see where it might help slippage. Have you noticed any issue with the adhesive not holding in hotter weather? I've used Velcro for other applications before and it doesn't do well in heat.

Reactions: skyhighdiver

This is true for flight if you click in good
but in a crash it will come out as mine has done 3 different times but I don't think a little velcro will stop it either
just my 2 cents

If you press the battery in slowly and deliberately you can hear the two latches cycle.

Reactions: chicago jeff
Not trying to discount your solution at all...it's a great idea for sure and I can definitely see where it might help slippage. Have you noticed any issue with the adhesive not holding in hotter weather? I've used Velcro for other applications before and it doesn't do well in heat.

A dab of super glue takes care of that :) The Velcro strips on the battery also gives me a better grip to verify that it is locked in without having to touch the tabs. Who knows, this may be a complete waste of my time, which was about a total of 2 minutes :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.