Hmm not ideal for flying this weekend.

Reaction score
Disappointing...
6cb2304c93aab9b5e7df634491705de8.jpg

Thats phenominal weather to take pictures in, you might get some really amazing shots , not to mention some cinematic cloud action.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your phantom in an out of the adventure.
Coal

Wow... Winds at 82mph. Is that common there? My crew would be headed for the storm shelter around 60!

Brad

Jeez! I'd be lookin for a new home! That's worse than Kansas, USA. Only state I ever lived where you could be inside an air tight box and the wind would still blow your hat off! ?

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Even in a wetsuit it wud be insane to try to fly with guests up to that speed!

Winds are threatening, and that gimbal can flip and get damaged, one thing we do is use a piece of a foam and brace it behind the camera , it limits the movement , but allows for the Phantom to record safely if were going up at all.

Evening to all weather is bad as I was going to fly as well phantompilot as in wales myself nearly had to fly with my caravan awning was really bad at night but this is wales hoping to get some later in wk good luck phantompilot

Evening to all weather is bad as I was going to fly as well phantompilot as in wales myself nearly had to fly with my caravan awning was really bad at night but this is wales hoping to get some later in wk good luck phantompilot
Welcome to Wales, this weather is normal for us :) Watchout for flying sheep!!

Winds are threatening, and that gimbal can flip and get damaged, one thing we do is use a piece of a foam and brace it behind the camera , it limits the movement , but allows for the Phantom to record safely if were going up at all.
Yeah, but 80 plus mph is three times what the phantom 4 can handle. I would take the GoPro out and film from the ground but the phantom would be gone!

If I where to do it, I would set up the drone at a park a mile away from me, drive back to my house, take off, and fly to my house. Although it would probably get there in a couple of seconds, and break the speed law for drones in the United States.

Yes, it is pretty windy where I live, and I will take the drone off and fly it towards the West for a few minutes, and then fly it back with the wind to try to break my speed record oh, and because I like the high speed video without having to speed up the video and make it look sped up and corny.

There is something wrong with uavforecast.com. It used to be okay, but the past few months it's been way off in many ways. It tells me I will have 2 satellites when in fact I get 7. It tells me I will have 4 satellites when in fact I get 11. It tells me wind will be 5 mph when in fact it is 14 mph. I'm hoping it gets fixed but nothing has changed for several months. I'm about to quit using it altogether. The wind app I trust is windy.com.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20