Highest wind speed you have flown?

The possibility is there, but driving to the place to film is much more dangerous than hand catching a drone. I actually hand catch for safety reasons when I take off and land in my yard because when there are kids and cats in the yard, I don't want them getting hurt. And yes I do have them stand about 20 feet away when I do it as well, but you never know if one of them decides to run over at the last second and get hurt as the drone touches the ground. It is also very windy almost all the time where I live. So I hand catch.
Well, I didn't say the people around but your hand literary. Unsteady hoovering can end with props in your forehand which is not very pretty. I can say from the first hand.

Well, I didn't say the people around but your hand literary. Unsteady hoovering can end with props in your forehand which is not very pretty. I can say from the first hand.
Yeah, it's definitely dangerous! It's one of those things that usually doesn't go wrong, but when it does, it's bad.

I have flown in winds that were a steady 35mph. I was surprised at how smooth the video was. Very little movement. Another drone pilot was in the area and couldn't believe how the Standard just sat in place and didn't move much. It was difficult to turn at times. Plus, it was over the Ohio River. Probably not the best place to fly in high winds. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl