High Video Latency

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 Vision that I use FPV with the DJI App on my iPhone. Up until yesterday, I have had great use of the system and the response times between the camera and the iPhone have been fine (instantaneous as near as I can tell). However, starting yesterday, I noticed that there is suddenly a significant delay between the movement of the Phantom and the picture reflecting the movement. Today, it seemed like the picture on the iPhone was lagging by as much as 20 seconds. Has anyone had this happen and if so is there a way to resolve the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't figure out what I changed (nothing as near as I can tell).

RichG said:
I have a Phantom 2 Vision that I use FPV with the DJI App on my iPhone. Up until yesterday, I have had great use of the system and the response times between the camera and the iPhone have been fine (instantaneous as near as I can tell). However, starting yesterday, I noticed that there is suddenly a significant delay between the movement of the Phantom and the picture reflecting the movement. Today, it seemed like the picture on the iPhone was lagging by as much as 20 seconds. Has anyone had this happen and if so is there a way to resolve the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't figure out what I changed (nothing as near as I can tell).

I had the same issue. No idea whether we have the same cause or even the same problem... However, I re-flashed the camera, and reset the repeater. That fixed it. HOWEVER, I found out that reseting the repeater caused me to lose the binding between the app and the repeater. I had already thrown away the box the P2V came in. It turns out you need the QR Code on that box in order to get the app to rebind with the repeater. Fortunately DJI emailed the QR Code the same day and I was back in business.

Same problem here. Same configuration: Phantom 2 vision and iPhone4 (app: v1.0.37). I can't see a reason what caused this delay.
After the wifi-connection between the camera and the iPhone is operating it starts with no delay building up till 30 seconds. Then the connection breaks resulting in a black/white picture of the last frame.
Just did some troubleshooting. When there was a delay of 10 seconds, I turned off the camera. I could see the last 10 seconds on my iPhone. My conclusion now is that repeater is buffering and sending to my iPhone at a (too) low speed.

Searched this Help forum and found a solution. Search for "Camera Delay Issue".
In the dji vision app in the section "settings" changed the setting in "preview quality" from 640x480 30 fps to 640x480 15 fps.
This solved the problem (too much data to process at 30 fps).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic