High Velocity Wind Warnings

Fruxen, just by looking at the trees when you are coming down, personally with that kind of wind I would have never took off with a drone. my 2cents.

Ing.

Yeah if the winds were that strong I wouldn't take off either, but it was simply not that windy when I started 5 minutes earlier. You can even see it in less movement in the trees going up in the clip, it's pretty windy but not that bad, but then things suddenly takes a turn for the worse just in the middle of the climb. Then the wind keeps increasing even further all the way back down to ground level.

The AC itself was more stable than it looks in the video. The "flip" was probably a gimbal glitch or overload from the strong gust, and not the AC itself nearly flipping over. Still a wind warning message would be in place at this moment I think. :)

DJI really should tweak the threshold of High Wind warnings. I'm still on the previous Phantom 4 firmware version and I never get any wind warning.

Yesterday I flew in some pretty strong winds (for once) but the AC seemed very stable at low altitude. But at higher altitude I noticed that it started to drift a bit, and one gust was so strong that it looks like the AC almost flipped over in the video clip. Still no wind warning. But I ended the flight right there :p

Strange to see such angles on the camera with the gyroscopic gimble - I think if you hold the drone and tip it sharply it wouldn't even happen then so maybe it was a temporary fault (unless the wind can be so strong to move the camera itself rather than the drone).

PS: Beautiful area to fly & live -near congratulations

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3