I'm assuming this was caused by wind? (video and DAT file linked)

Reaction score
I was flying Sunday, Feb. 4 in mostly moderate winds. All flights and videos looked good except this one. While flying straight up, the gimbal and camera shake then dramatically flip to the side, then back again. I was getting some high wind warnings on this flight other flights around the same time, but I've never seen this happen on my P4P before. See the video below - about 5 seconds in it starts to happen. I've also uploaded the DAT file for any of you who can interpret the wind data.

DAT file: Dropbox - FLY120.DAT
Video:

Any thoughts are appreciated. ... John

Gimbal glitch . I've had that happen to mine a couple times . once the gimbal just went limp , restart and good to go . Flown in plenty of 15 to 20 mph winds with out issue to gimbal . don't know if it's a software glitch or ???

I was flying Sunday, Feb. 4 in mostly moderate winds. All flights and videos looked good except this one. While flying straight up, the gimbal and camera shake then dramatically flip to the side, then back again. I was getting some high wind warnings on this flight other flights around the same time, but I've never seen this happen on my P4P before. See the video below - about 5 seconds in it starts to happen. I've also uploaded the DAT file for any of you who can interpret the wind data.

DAT file: Dropbox - FLY120.DAT
Video:

Any thoughts are appreciated. ... John
Hi mate.
First time posting on this forum.
I have witnessed the same issue with my p4p.
I suspected it was gimbal motor issue so sent it to dji and it was infact a faulty gimbal drive motor.
Hope this helps you out.

Hi mate.
First time posting on this forum.
I have witnessed the same issue with my p4p.
I suspected it was gimbal motor issue so sent it to dji and it was infact a faulty gimbal drive motor.
Hope this helps you out.

Thanks, Paul. I'll check it out further. I've had some more weird issues with the camera so it might be more than the wind!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20