Hi Vis Vest Testimony

Reaction score
I've read some of the other pilots talking about getting a bright yellow/orange safety vest for when flying. I did a job down at a concrete production facility, lots of forklifts and trucks moving around, and it occurred to me that I should probably get one for my safety especially on a site like that.

I ordered this one on Amazon and wore it on Sunday at another job. This one was at a new school whose construction is being finalized. The main entrance was open, so I drove right in, parked, threw the vest on, set up the bird, and took off. There were some other workers there, and what looked like teachers or administrators coming and going. Nobody paid me any mind the whole time.

I can't say it 100% proved it, but I do think wearing the vest gives you the "supposed to be here" look. Even though I know I was supposed to be there, it was nice not having curious people asking all sorts of questions or giving me strange looks. I highly recommend one of these for you pros for safety and a little peace of mind.

61D-kwizY2L._SX522_.jpg

Last edited:
I've being doing the same for the last 3 years when I'm in an area where there's lots of folk about, never had anbody come up to me to ask what I'm doing as they assume that I'm suppost to be there with full permission:cool:

Reactions: macoman and jofus
I've being doing the same for the last 3 years when I'm in an area where there's lots of folk about, never had anbody come up to me to ask what I'm doing as they assume that I'm suppost to be there with full permission:cool:

It's kind of ironic that the high visibility vest practically makes you invisible. You go from a weirdo with a drone to just another worker bee.

I wear mine proudly. You do become invisible with a high-vis vest and a hard hat on LOL.

Just curious @ryantrax, how did you attach the text to the back of the vest? Did it come that way?
I do it with heat press vinyl graphics lust like my t-shirts.

I purchased a Hi-Vis shirt and embroidered the front/heat transfer the back. Here is an example of a blue version (similar to bike patrol uniforms by some PD’s)

Attachments

• IMG_5096.JPG
    IMG_5096.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_5097.JPG
    IMG_5097.JPG
    404 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_5089.JPG
    IMG_5089.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 667
  • IMG_5052.jpg
    IMG_5052.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 552
I've read some of the other pilots talking about getting a bright yellow/orange safety vest for when flying. I did a job down at a concrete production facility, lots of forklifts and trucks moving around, and it occurred to me that I should probably get one for my safety especially on a site like that.

I ordered this one on Amazon and wore it on Sunday at another job. This one was at a new school whose construction is being finalized. The main entrance was open, so I drove right in, parked, threw the vest on, set up the bird, and took off. There were some other workers there, and what looked like teachers or administrators coming and going. Nobody paid me any mind the whole time.

I can't say it 100% proved it, but I do think wearing the vest gives you the "supposed to be here" look. Even though I know I was supposed to be there, it was nice not having curious people asking all sorts of questions or giving me strange looks. I highly recommend one of these for you pros for safety and a little peace of mind.

61D-kwizY2L._SX522_.jpg
I'm in! I'm going to find a hard hat too.... going the whole nine yards.

I've just bought a plain yellow vest, I'm not sure what I want on it yet!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT