Hi I'm new live in Leicester

Reaction score
Hi I'm in Leicester,off to Cornwall soon does anyone know if I can fly on crantock beach early or late I know I have to inform raf culdrose first thanks ps any one just starting out in Leicestershire

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hi I'm in Leicester,off to Cornwall soon does anyone know if I can fly on crantock beach early or late I know I have to inform raf culdrose first thanks ps any one just starting out in Leicestershire
Cornwall - my home county!

Maybe I'm being a bit dense, but what do you mean by 'early or late' .... twilight or dusk... or what?

Please can you also try to use a bit more punctuation in your posts, as it would make them easier for others to read - Thanks!

Don't mind the "English Major"... I'm in the States but I got it right off, back in the 70's I was in the USAF with a Londoner (Andy had married a gal from Boston so he was naturalized, and whilst waiting for a Trust Fund he would inherit at age 21 he joined up (something to do he said...), he did get a transfer back to RAF Mildenhall after a couple of years though, hope he's well. Stationed with another guy that had spent time at USAFE Bentwaters. Joe said he'd always had to send his wife down to the fish & chips shop, due to asking for ketchup for his chips on the first go, and the proprietor wouldn't have him back ;-). I know where Cornwall is (never been but I'm a Doc Martin fan). Hope you do get some air time in.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Sorry,yes dusk or dawn, we don't all have the same literary skills as yourself, apologies for that,so here's some punctuations .,,)("'. so stick them up your stuck up a@#e.and I will never bother your site again ,friendly lot on here thanks full stop over and out.just why I won't visit a club cos it's full of tw@$# like you.

OK - Bye!

Thank you for all the civil answers , guess you are all a nice bunch .I suppose Steve 7777 is just a grumpy drone pilot,but takes all sorts to make a world .

Hi and welcome! Don't worry about certain other pilots who can't be friendly and civil, the vast majority here are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Can't help with your request about Cornwall but enjoy yourself anyway

Thank you for all the civil answers , guess you are all a nice bunch .I suppose Steve 7777 is just a grumpy drone pilot,but takes all sorts to make a world .
:)....

OK - let's keep things in perspective. I honestly cannot imagine why a quite reasonable request, politely phrased, should have made you fire up in such a way (your post has now been removed under forum rules) and indeed you are still going on about it now... However, it's good to see that you now seem to be trying, as politely requested, to make your posts more easily readable, which will, in turn, make it easier for other members here to help you when needed.

Without wishing to appear pedantic (which you will no doubt also accuse of me of, although you know absolutely nothing about me), please have a look at the community rules, which may be found here:- Community Guidelines

specifically this:-

"2. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable."

and this:-

"Posting Standards
Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification
."

There! Now you can call me a 'jobsworth' as well..... ;)

Following your assertion that you were never coming back, you still seem to be here. Although I did bid you a fond farewell a few posts above, nonetheless, I'm very glad that you have decided to stay and bid you welcome.:)

Ha ha thank you I'm sorry I went off on one,but understand my point exitment ,and the need for knowledge.so can you help me on any knowledge about flying in your lovely county ,I would like to take video of my grandchild walking on beach once again sorry steve.but I still think you jumped in hard,those comments hurt .as everyone is not articulate.

Ha ha thank you I'm sorry I went off on one,but understand my point exitment ,and the need for knowledge.so can you help me on any knowledge about flying in your lovely county ,I would like to take video of my grandchild walking on beach once again sorry steve.but I still think you jumped in hard,those comments hurt .as everyone is not articulate.
OK - apologies all-round, as required. :)

Oh no - now it will look like I have been click-baiting you too! Although I was indeed born and bred in Cornwall, I now live in Bulgaria, which is a bit of a long bus ride from where you are planning on flying. However, give me a bit of time and I'll see if I can use my local knowledge to dig anything up. No promises though... :)

Thanks Steve,I love Cornwall and am looking forward to flying it there ,and having a pint in the bowgie inn .How long have you been flying.

Not much local knowledge required after all as a Google search confirmed that Crantock Beach is National Trust owned. Crantock Beach . So the sad news is that you probably can't fly there at all. It's been discussed here before. Here's one relevant thread.

National trust land, uk

and here's the National Trust rules.

Flying drones at our places

You can find more relevant threads by doing a search here (the magnifying glass, top right of page) using 'National Trust' as keywords.

I'm still relatively new to my P3P, having bought it about a year ago. Bulgaria's a great place for flying though with some very beautiful places and no real flying rules to speak of (yet). We also live way out in the country, so no one troubles me. Here's one pic of our area.

DJI_0042.JPG

Thanks steve.for all that info .your photo looks amazing especially with the mountain s as a back drop,such a shame about n.t land as I would not fly while there were people about . Ah well,I live in Leicester and the city council have banned flying of model aircraft on there parks and open land . I am a keen photographer which is why I bought my phantom,but it seems very difficult to fly anywhere.once again ,thanks steve,and sorry we got off on the wrong foot .

Reactions: Steve7777

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl