Hi have just had water on camara and its going crazy is it ruined wobbling about like crazy.

Reaction score
Hi
Just had water on my p3 camera and it is going crazy wobbling about and not connecting is it ruined or can I get it repaired somewhere.
Geoff

Shut it down and dry it out for 48 hours, then decide your next step. I often will turn the oven on low, open the door and place it near and adjacent to the heat opening.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-error229.jpg
    vlcsnap-error229.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 206
Are we talking salt water or fresh water?

If fresh, all you can really do - as mentioned above - is allow the area to fully dry and hope for the best. After doing so however, prior to powering up, I would suggest you manually run the gimbal servos through their directions of movement by hand while gently blowing air duster into their seams in order to assure - as much as you can - that there are no bits of grit left within the servos.

If it was salt water though...that's another story. I would still do all I mentioned above, but I would first carefully rinse the affected areas with fresh water...

Did you get water ON the camera or was it submerged? Can you describe what happened?

If it fell in water for 2 seconds it most likely did get some water inside the drone. As others have mentioned if it was fresh water going through the drying process as described allowing a very slow evaporation of any moisture that might have found its way into the unit may eliminate any issues. A lot of electronic manufacturing use a water wash (distilled water) to clean printed circuit boards so most components will have some resistance to water.

Salt water is another story because the water evaporates and leaves behind the salt that will corrode circuit boards. In that case a rinse in distilled water first and then going through the drying process would be the better process. That said no guarantees since the unit went into the water while powered up so something may have shorted even a brief time in the water. Pure water is not a very good conductor but typically fresh water will have mineral deposits that will increase the conductivity of water. On the other hand salt water is a fairly good conductor.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan