Hi guys I am struggling to clip on the propellers on new Phantom 4 pro I have tried everything.Thanks

It shouldn't require forcing.
It should be a simple push down against the spring and a quick twist.
Thanks. I know it is not suppose to.be like that.I am waiting on a response from dji but that will only be on monday.

Don't want to be an alarmist but following a repair (where most of the time DJI sends a new/refurbed unit) I had the same problem that the props were really hard to get on. On about the 6th or 7th mission the drone was coming in for a landing and about 50 feet it shed a prop and crashed. Was able to recover the prop that came off and it still had the plastic clip mounted on the motor, and one of the screws that holds the plastic clip on top of the motor. The screw did not appear to be stripped and it did still have evidence of locktite on it. I couldn't tell if the motor screw holes (where the plastic clip is held to the motor) were stripped. I'm convinced that it was a tolerance issue and the fact I had to use a lot of force to engage the props to the clips was responsible for the failure of the screw/motor interface. Personally, I believe the tolerance issue is in the props and not the motor/clip. Hope this helps.

I have a brand new p4p vs 2.0. Same issue but only the black ones. The silver ones go on just fine. Have tried both sets of new props. Same dam thing. Going to call DJI to get s few replacements.

Reactions: Pursuer
The v2 P4P is known for this problem. Some have even drilled the props deeper to fit. I would suggest replacing with DJI P4P prop mounts from Amazon $10. They Fit! From the v1 so they are not too tight. Good luck.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
I noticed mine were difficult when I first got it, but after a little (gentle) trial and error, I realized it was more just a question of technique. Push down too far, they won't click into place. Don't push down far enough, same thing. Remembering which ones turn which way is helpful, too. After some practice, the Phantom and I get along just fine.

The drill route was my solution. Removed some material from the hub where the motor shaft bottoms out. I’m pretty much convinced this relates to something being changed in the motor shaft/bell housing assembly process. Some dimension has changed.

With mine I found it had not been reamed properly there was an edge of plastic about halfway down the hole you can clean it up with a small screwdriver or drill bit.

Thanks. I know it is not suppose to.be like that.I am waiting on a response from dji but that will only be on monday.
I learned over the years that anytime I have to force anything to work, it almost never does. Be careful.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31