Hi from Seattle,

Reaction score
I am happy to be here, and have a story to share.

I was on the net about three weeks ago, saw an outstanding "Flash Sale" on the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0,,,,,,,,,,,
I didn't do enough research and got caught up in the idea of something for almost nothing,,,,,,,,

I've been flying sport drones and recently stepped up into larger drones and just starting to do a bit of aerial photography with Q500 4K that I picked up off Craigslist,,,,,,

Well, back to the details of the "Flash Sale", I was discussing the sale with another member on our sister site and he linked me here to one of the threads about the same flash sale,
It was too late for me to do anything about it, I started a claim with Paypal, it got shot down because the shipper supplied a false delivery notice, so thay have hacked into the shipping companies delivery system and can supply fraudulent shipping info to Paypal and other online payment companies.

With the Covid reducing staff to the point of computer only reviews of claims right now it's going to take a long time to get it straightened out,
I'm going to post a thread on topic so hopefully it will prevent this happening to others.

So again, Hi !

Thanks for your heads up.
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Reactions: dronesky
Welcome from Indiana sorry to hear you got scammed at least you can file a claim after shipping info shows no delivery just have to wait a while longer

Reactions: dirkclod
That's the problem, the scammers have hacked UPS & FEDEX shipping confirmations, they are using false delivery notices to escape the claims we are making.

I tried to contact UPS by phone but they too are way understaffed right now, so talking to an agent is impossible.

I posted a thread in the General Discussion Forum in hopes of most people interested in the Phantom deal would find it, the Admin moved it to Off Topic so now there's not much hope of any hope that way.

I gave it a shot, I've got a nice camera ship anyway, not a DJI, the market is so flooded with people doing areal photography via 107 permits I'm just doing it for the fun of it.

Let me add this, even when they staff up again they will have thousands of claims to review as that the crooks are having a field day right now.
Be very careful ordering ANYTHING online.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31