Hi From Devon, UK

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Have just acquired a P3 and was hoping to hook up with anyone else in my part of the world, who maybe willing to give me some time and the benefit of their experience in drone flying and filming?

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to the forum ,

I hope you find the following information useful.

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). It costs £35 at the time of writing. Click on the link to view their web site :-Members Insurance

If you want to find UK drone fliers near you click the link :-

Find Local Drone & Model Aircraft Clubs - FPV UK

You can also insure your UAV against damage : - Drone Insurance - Phantom Flight School

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice or find someone near you who has a Phantom.

After some time, something to aim for is :- Multi-Rotor –

You might like to try the following apps. The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play and No Fly Drones

One item that I have found to be of great help is a clear coloured strobe light. I affixed mine to the rear of my P3 and it is easily seen in daylight for some distance. It helps greatly to determine orientation. STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

If you are going to carry out any flights you can register the area you will be operating at with dates, times and the grid reference to the RAF who will issue a NOTAM to relevant agencies. Their number is Low Flying Ops 0800 515 544.

This might sound OTT, but helicopters have a nasty habit of sneaking up on you sometimes at below 100 feet. Such examples are the electricity, RAF, air ambulances, police and private owners to mention a few. Helicopters can do whatever they want to - where ever at altitudes from 0 - 3000 feet.

Even though I do advise the LFO of my flights above 150 feet you still have to keep your ears in radar mode. I don't advise LFO of flights below 100 feet because it does not take long to descend in an emergency.

With my P3A I practised an emergency descent at 200 feet by cutting the motors with the left stick hard back, and then at 100 feet, three quarters throttle. It worked well and recovered normal flight. Nice to know it works though. Real brown trouser job the first time. You might think I am paranoiac but I do have lots of helicopters flying around here.

It does make me shudder when I think of what might happen if one of the helicopters airmisses my P3. Probably nothing - but then again ....... Anyway, the grid reference can be found on :-

Grid Reference Finder

If you have any questions try doing a search first by clicking the magnifying glass top right. You might find your question has already been asked and it will save you a lot of time. If you can’t find an answer, then just post the question. If you want to check your spelling, put your cursor over the word with a red line under it, click once right and choose the correct spelling.

The golden rule :- Always get permission from the landowner to take off and land.

Enjoy the forum.

Attachments

• dronecode PDF.pdf
    131 KB · Views: 153
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31