Hi everyone

Reaction score
:confused:
Hi people,
I have just bought a Phantom 3 advanced, second hand, trying to get to grips with it, but now starting to think i have bought a crashed on with a few problems..
one propeller seems to be hitting the casing, looks like the motor is slightly off line, and the gimbal keeps twitching and losing horizontal alignment. anyone with any ideas for a fix please help.

:confused:
Hi people,
I have just bought a Phantom 3 advanced, second hand, trying to get to grips with it, but now starting to think i have bought a crashed on with a few problems..
one propeller seems to be hitting the casing, looks like the motor is slightly off line, and the gimbal keeps twitching and losing horizontal alignment. anyone with any ideas for a fix please help.
Welcome
Does a gimble calibration help cam ?
Mayby a picture or 2 on the motor and how much it touching shell,,the motors are slightly off set anyway,does motor feel tight in its mount,,yip unless you know some history on used ones it's a bit guessing game

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum. Great place for information and sharing your photos and videos. Good people here with lots of help. Hope you're in the air soon. Fly safe have fun.

Welcome
Does a gimble calibration help cam ?
Mayby a picture or 2 on the motor and how much it touching shell,,the motors are slightly off set anyway,does motor feel tight in its mount,,yip unless you know some history on used ones it's a bit guessing game

I have tried calibrating it and it doesn't seem to make a difference, there doesn't appear to be any damage to the camera or gimbal.. i'm just wondering if its worth getting a kit of ebay to replace the ribbon and arms???

Attachments

• 20200428_161318.jpg
    20200428_161318.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 195
  • 20200428_161328.jpg
    20200428_161328.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 184
  • 20200428_161337.jpg
    20200428_161337.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 195
one propeller seems to be hitting the casing, looks like the motor is slightly off line,
it does happen that props hit the shell after a crash so yes ur right. check to see if the top shell is not on right like a clip is showing or a seem is showing.
motors are supposed to be slanted to help with the toilet bowl thing.

losing horizontal alignment.
wow a blast from the past back in the day there were so many crooked horizon posts seems a signature of phantoms!

I have tried calibrating it and it doesn't seem to make a difference, there doesn't appear to be any damage to the camera or gimbal.. i'm just wondering if its worth getting a kit of ebay to replace the ribbon and arms???
one thing is your have 4 pins installed when there should only be 2 pins diagonal.
if u get a kit it must have a real dji ribbon or u'll wast time and $$

was this p3s in the water or in mud i see on the legs looks like mud or under water.

I’d start by checking the ribbon cable for any damage. It doesn’t take much to ruin the cable.
If it appears ok, then check the cable connection points at the pitch and roll motor circuit boards. Make sure the connections are clean and snug.
If you replace the ribbon cable, I highly suggest buying a new OEM cable. The cheaper aftermarket cables rarely, if ever, work.

it does happen that props hit the shell after a crash so yes ur right. check to see if the top shell is not on right like a clip is showing or a seem is showing.
motors are supposed to be slanted to help with the toilet bowl thing.

wow a blast from the past back in the day there were so many crooked horizon posts seems a signature of phantoms!

one thing is your have 4 pins installed when there should only be 2 pins diagonal.
if u get a kit it must have a real dji ribbon or u'll wast time and $$

was this p3s in the water or in mud i see on the legs looks like mud or under water.

yes it looks like the top case isn't on properly, i will sort that out in a bit and see if that helps.
What do you mean about the 4 pins? i don't understand?

Reactions: JoBe
If you encounter the tilted horizon, you can adjust the roll of the camera in the settings. It’s in the same place as where you do a camera calibration.

i will have a good look at the ribbon and connections tonight.
The Tilt horizon problem is happening while it twitches also, it twitches massively from left to right, then sometimes just stays out of horizontal position, is the anyway to be able to post a video to be able to show you

I’d start by checking the ribbon cable for any damage. It doesn’t take much to ruin the cable.
If it appears ok, then check the cable connection points at the pitch and roll motor circuit boards. Make sure the connections are clean and snug.
If you replace the ribbon cable, I highly suggest buying a new OEM cable. The cheaper aftermarket cables rarely, if ever, work.
Ok i have checked the ribbon, and it seems like there is a section on each bit the bends that is coming away, im not sure if it is just the adhesive backing though

Attachments

• 20200428_211502.jpg
    20200428_211502.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 176
  • 20200428_211543.jpg
    20200428_211543.jpg
    936.8 KB · Views: 179
yes it looks like the top case isn't on properly, i will sort that out in a bit and see if that helps.
What do you mean about the 4 pins? i don't understand?
Had the top off and put it back together with out any clips showing this time, seems better now, should there be 4 screws holiding the motors in

Attachments

• 20200428_212322.jpg
    20200428_212322.jpg
    979.2 KB · Views: 174
Had the top off and put it back together with out any clips showing this time, seems better now, should there be 4 screws holiding the motors in
Yes, those are the 4 motor screws. What JoBe was meaning in post #7 , is that where the camera/gimbal assembly connects to the drone, there should only have 2 of those clear plastic pins holding the camera to the drone. And they need to be diagonal to each other.

Had the top off and put it back together with out any clips showing this time, seems better now
bam! i guessed right!

What JoBe was meaning in post #7 , is that where the camera/gimbal assembly connects to the drone, there should only have 2 of those clear plastic pins holding the camera to the drone. And they need to be diagonal to each other.
yep thats it @KachemakDiver. seems like every week is someone else with 4 pins!

should there be 4 screws holiding the motors in
yikes how is that a question? dont use too long screws and wreck the motors!

bam! i guessed right!

yep thats it @KachemakDiver. seems like every week is someone else with 4 pins!

yikes how is that a question? dont use too long screws and wreck the motors!
?Nice call on the shell halves JoBe?
Well,,,at least there’s not 4 wire ties holding it on there! Seen that a few times also on here...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.