Hi, does anyone with p3s have problems with video transmission lost

Reaction score
I have a p3s and from time to time about every time I lost video transmission to my phone, tried my tablet and my iPad and same ting happened, wen that happened the bird is always close to my or ready to take off, if I wait longer the video come back, or I have to reset everything, I still have control of the bird and the app dji go the only problem is no video on my screen, but video on the sd card is good, no problem,
Does anyone know anything about it?

Theirs a whole lots of questions here that will help others what tablet or phone what android apple system what app of Dji Go any updates on quad lately ect.....tell more about your equipment..has this ever happen before.....are you in a different flying area ect.....be specific....more info will help these "gals and guys"... help you....many wait your reply.

Happens all the time to me when I’m in an area with other wireless interference. Even if I’m a few feet from the bird. Go out where there’s no wireless signals in the air and you’re fine. You can thank the wireless network connection on the Standard for this crap. Lightbridge doesn’t do that.

Just try the obvious troubleshooting first. Make sure NO apps are running in the background, if problem persists try uninstalling and reinstalling app. Do that then report back. We'll try a few different things and see whats up.Might have to get a older/different firmware. no big deal...but just try the small stuff first.....but remember change only ONE thing at a time then try it after each change

Reactions: Michael Humphrey
I have tried with iPhone 7 iPhone X iPad 3 and android tablet, I always get strong wireless interference message in the screen, but only wen I have video, also tried to fly about a mile down from were normally and same thing, it only happens when the bird is close or ready to take off before it take off or right after

Make sure the side of the antenna on the controller is pointed toward the bird. You don’t want the antenna pointing at the bird like an arrow. The controller transmits data out of the sides of the antenna and the flat side should face the bird for the best connection.

@mrvnvrgs,
Are you saying it works better or no problems when it is farther away?

Have you tried putting your device in airplane mode. You are flying. ;)

Rod

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
I think work normal, you know the usual, if to far away lost all signal and go home kicks in, but not have yust lost video transmission in the middle of the fly unless lost everything for being to far

Mine does same thing... like camera can’t keep up... I turn the bird, view jumps... I bought it used. First few times worked great... then got worse and worse...

Mine does same thing... like camera can’t keep up... I turn the bird, view jumps... I bought it used. First few times worked great... then got worse and worse...
Your sounds like the mobile device isn't fast enough.

Rod

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
I have the same thing happening, fly time limited could happen 50ft, 100ft, 396Ft.
But starts to return to home which is a good thing. Tried linking the controller a couple of times but still.
Still watch on form for help.

I have the same thing happening, fly time limited could happen 50ft, 100ft, 396Ft.
But starts to return to home which is a good thing. Tried linking the controller a couple of times but still.
I also tried a lot of the things for from this post.
Thus is the second p3se, dji sent this one after I had crashed my first, (care refresh helped). I fly it the same as I did my first.
Deleted app and will try again soon with reinstalled app.

These above posts are talking about video quality, your stating RTH which is the Phantom loosing signal from the remote control.

This may help you understand what is going on.
Question about Radio, uplink, downlink, frequency, & telemetry
RTH on WiFi Signal Loss

Rod

I always get strong wireless interference message in the screen, but only wen I have video, also tried to fly about a mile down from were normally and same thing, it only happens when the bird is close or ready to take off before it take off or right after
I had strong wireless interference message, and in checking my tablet I found I had the Bluetooth turned on. It cleared up for me when I turned off the Bluetooth.

Reactions: mrvnvrgs
I was and sent mine in to DJI for them to take a look at it. It's still under warranty, it had the issue since day one..
Will post on their findings..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31