Hi, and thank you.

Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking here for the past 10 days. I gleaned ideas, advice and information. I bought my Phantom 2, Zenmuse, iOSD mini, AVL58 etc from RC Geeks in the UK. Those guys were really helpful and went out of their way to ensure I had what I needed. Well after 4 hours of soldering and heat shrinking I have completed my copter.

I took it out today in the gales for my first time of flying (apart from just up and down in my garden on Thursday) Here is my first video: https://vimeo.com/86192205

I'm amazed at the Phantom's ability to fly so well in such strong winds. It was at about 20 degrees just to hold it's position. I flew the camera just 100mm from the ground for the last tracking shot and I'm confident this will be perfect for me.

'It' (I must give it a name) went out of sight at one point but the FPV worked fine and I was able to see what way I was facing and steer back home just fine. I'm going to practice my camera moves, pans, tilts and pivots etc then start some filming projects.

Anyway this is my first post and rather than wait until I need help I thought I'd share some joy :)

By the way, I'm in Nailsea, near Bristol in the South West.

Cheers Damian! Excellent job mate. Fly safe!

Well done. Looks like you've had just a little rain recently! I feel like I am seeing more of the English countryside now than I ever did in the 12 years I lived there thanks to the Phantom! Beautiful.

Great video Damien, I've just joined the band of fellow Phantom 2 flyers and look forward to capturing shots of the Somerset Countryside too (when it gets dry and sunny). Living just up the M5 in South Gloucestershire.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl