Hey I have a phantom 3 standard that drifts pretty bad and jerky. I calibrated Inuit and compass new blades.i seen a video on here he had same issue

Reaction score
My p3s is jerky and does hover in one spot .imu compass new blades,any suggestions.thanks

We need some more information:

1) Is your Phantom brand new out of the box?
2) If it's not brand new, did you crash it or damage it in some other way?
3) If you didn't damage it, what changed between now and the last time everything worked as expected?
4) Do you have a link to the video you watched?
5) Anything else important we should know?

Reactions: Phantom2USA
Drone is around 2 yrs old.never wrecked or dropped ran fine last month now this. Monday went to fly and no WiFi, so I took app of phone and reinstalled.i did buy batteries and case

Drone is around 2 yrs old.never wrecked or dropped ran fine last month now this. Monday went to fly and no WiFi, so I took app of phone and reinstalled.i did buy batteries and case
Video I seen is in phantom3 section 7th page 5 down JERKY

Got a link?

Need more info about the issue .
Did you mean does not hover in one spot ?
Did you mean that IMU has been calibrated ?
I can understand the frustration but cannot help without clarity .

Relax and be severely descriptive .
To the point of almost insulting .

Once we have that info we can offer a solid solution .
No attempt to insult , just feel your pain .

Last edited by a moderator:
Need more info about the issue .
Did you mean does not hover in one spot ?
Did you mean that IMU has been calibrated ?
I can understand the frustration but cannot help without clarity .

Relax and be severely descriptive .
To the point of almost insulting .

Once we have that info we can offer a solid solution .
No attempt to insult , just feel your pain .
Drone doesn’t hover in confined area and it doesn’t sound right . Misses. Sounds like it might be the gyros at tips of arms.gonna take it apart today,does anybody Khow what kind of screws it has .thanks

Airskull , before you take it apart , manually rotate each motor ( without the props and no power ) .
Drone off .
If the unit has taken off in a sandy area , there could be very small bits of iron sticking to the inside of the bell ( the part of the motor that you mount the props to ) .
Isolating which motor is causing the issue will save tons of time .
Each motor should rotate very freely .
Hope this helps .
Please keep us posted .
Don't remember the size of the mounting screw off of the top my head .
It is an allen key .
Check all of the items you received when you purchased this unit .
Look everywhere in the box .
DJI supplies a tool just for what you are doing .
You may find it in the packaging .

Last edited by a moderator:
Airskull , before you take it apart , manually rotate each motor ( without the props and no power ) .
Drone off .
If the unit has taken off in a sandy area , there could be very small bits of iron sticking to the inside of the bell ( the part of the motor that you mount the props to ) .
Isolating which motor is causing the issue will save tons of time .
Each motor should rotate very freely .
Hope this helps .
Please keep us posted .
Don't remember the size of the mounting screw off of the top my head .
It is an allen key .
Check all of the items you received when you purchased this unit .
Look everywhere in the box .
DJI supplies a tool just for what you are doing .
You may find it in the packaging .
Thanks motors feel and look good.took shell off everything looks good,I’m assuming it’s the gyro/board

Airskull
To answer your question regarding the P2 board swap .
To be blunt , No .
I can offer this experience based assessment .
Diagnosing these units can take time . Never forget this one constant .
If the problem is not hardware , it is software .
Unless you just enjoy spending the time with trial and error , I would suggest performing a visual inspection of the entire fight board .Use a magnifying glass . If you can not see any burnt or discolored electronics , that would tell me that the issue can be resolved with software . Me personally , I would update the firmware ( Drone and Remote Controller ) . After that , treat the unit as if it were brand new .
Calibrate the IMU first . After that , calibrate the joystick endpoints . Last , find an area with very little or no large metal
objects ( In ground pipes can be large and metal ) around and calibrate the compass .
YouTube has some great videos on how to perform all of the calibrations . After finishing the calibrations ,
bench test ( No Props ) . If the unit passes the bench test , go outside , install the props and flight test .
At that point , the unit should fly stable and happy .
If the unit continues exhibit erratic flight behavior , that would tell me that one or more of your ESCs has or is in the process of failing .
The onboard flight controllers on the P3s are pretty solid . It takes a pretty hard lick to cause them to fail .
Thanks for keeping me posted . Please continue .
Thank You

Airskull
To answer your question regarding the P2 board swap .
To be blunt , No .
I can offer this experience based assessment .
Diagnosing these units can take time . Never forget this one constant .
If the problem is not hardware , it is software .
Unless you just enjoy spending the time with trial and error , I would suggest performing a visual inspection of the entire fight board .Use a magnifying glass . If you can not see any burnt or discolored electronics , that would tell me that the issue can be resolved with software . Me personally , I would update the firmware ( Drone and Remote Controller ) . After that , treat the unit as if it were brand new .
Calibrate the IMU first . After that , calibrate the joystick endpoints . Last , find an area with very little or no large metal
objects ( In ground pipes can be large and metal ) around and calibrate the compass .
YouTube has some great videos on how to perform all of the calibrations . After finishing the calibrations ,
bench test ( No Props ) . If the unit passes the bench test , go outside , install the props and flight test .
At that point , the unit should fly stable and happy .
If the unit continues exhibit erratic flight behavior , that would tell me that one or more of your ESCs has or is in the process of failing .
The onboard flight controllers on the P3s are pretty solid . It takes a pretty hard lick to cause them to fail .
Thanks for keeping me posted . Please continue .
Thank You
Thanks I’ve done all calibrations and still same .board is the only thing it can be.even guy at drone shop calibrated it

Airskull
That sounds like the ESCs which will cause you to replace the flight board .I have found them on ebay for reasonable prices .
IrepairMD.com is another good resource for Phantom parts .
Great guy to do business with .

Airskull
That sounds like the ESCs which will cause you to replace the flight board .I have found them on ebay for reasonable prices .
IrepairMD.com is another good resource for Phantom parts .
Great guy to do business with .
Thanks for that. Let you know

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic