Reaction score
Hi all

Id really appreciate your help...i flew my phantom 3 standard today for first time. Im very dissapointed with the video quality.

It doesnt seem as clear as the videos ive seen on youtube. I download from the app to my phone and they are bad. I even tried downloading from the sd card to my phone and they look the same.

Videos dont seem smooth and clear....its like a bad signal or something....it jumps and jitters. I dont understand as its brand new. Latest firmware....calabirated and imu calibarated today.

Please help thanku

Doyle

what video format are you shooting in ? what type of device are you using? are pictures also blurry? have you tried the SD card in a computer? post an example.

what video format are you shooting in ? what type of device are you using? are pictures also blurry? have you tried the SD card in a computer? post an example.

I was in 2.7K and then I changed to 1080P. I just put the sd card into my daughters tablet device and played the video and it is perfect! Just wish it looked this smooth when streaming from the drone during flight.

Any idea why i may be losing gps and bad image quality on screen during flight? I use a samsung S6. Today it was quite windy 15-20mph winds. I never had more than 9 or 10 satellites. I lost signal completely at 150 feet! Couldnt even go to RTH mode.

Photos are normal and what I would expect.

Thanks very much for your help

Doyle

I was in 2.7K and then I changed to 1080P. I just put the sd card into my daughters tablet device and played the video and it is perfect! Just wish it looked this smooth when streaming from the drone during flight.

Any idea why i may be losing gps and bad image quality on screen during flight? I use a samsung S6. Today it was quite windy 15-20mph winds. I never had more than 9 or 10 satellites. I lost signal completely at 150 feet! Couldnt even go to RTH mode.

Photos are normal and what I would expect.

Thanks very much for your help

Doyle
It's a Standard. It's WiFi based. The stream is 480p, not even close to what you can record, and because it's WiFi you're subject to much more interference than the tech used by the Advanced and Pro. Try a new location, or get an Advanced or Pro ;)

I don't know off hand whether the Standard uses GLONASS as well, but if not 10 sats is a good number.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

It's a Standard. It's WiFi based. The stream is 480p, not even close to what you can record, and because it's WiFi you're subject to much more interference than the tech used by the Advanced and Pro. Try a new location, or get an Advanced or Pro ;)

I don't know off hand whether the Standard uses GLONASS as well, but if not 10 sats is a good number.

Great info thanks mate! Ive seen youtube videos where the standard travels 1000 feet or more without losing signal.....i couldnt even get mine 150 foot away....maybe the locations im using as you say.

Do you think the wind may be affecting the signal to the remote?

Thanks again

Great info thanks mate! Ive seen youtube videos where the standard travels 1000 feet or more without losing signal.....i couldnt even get mine 150 foot away....maybe the locations im using as you say.

Do you think the wind may be affecting the signal to the remote?

Thanks again

I find that my fpv signal is fantastic when I'm in the country as opposed to the city or suburbs. I think other wifi routers that compete for a signal decreases the phantoms signal strength

I find that my fpv signal is fantastic when I'm in the country as opposed to the city or suburbs. I think other wifi routers that compete for a signal decreases the phantoms signal strength
Correct. 2.4ghz is a common spectrum and very congested which is why 5ghz routers work so much better. Lightbridge is on a similar spectrum but uses a slightly different tech which is why the Advanced and Pro are not as affected... But still are regardless. There's no way around residential interference except to either be on an unused band, or leave the area. The latter is our only choice at the moment. Have fun

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone Master

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj