Hey all pilots

Reaction score
Hey all been flying FPV for a little while and decided last year to buy a mavic (2nd hand) so far all good but weather has stopped me fully using it to its full use, currently trying to edit the video but adobe keeps crashing my laptop so until that gets sorted no videos.

If anyone knows of any software that won't overheat my laptop that would be fab :D

Sorry I use a iMac and iMovie and that’s it. Works fore me.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. ?

Reactions: Abiled
Are you attempting to edit 4K video? If so, it could well be the video files, rather than the editing software, that's causing your problem. If that's the case, you could try shooting (& editing) lower res video... although it might make more sense to upgrade your laptop's graphics capabilities instead.

Hey all been flying FPV for a little while and decided last year to buy a mavic (2nd hand) so far all good but weather has stopped me fully using it to its full use, currently trying to edit the video but adobe keeps crashing my laptop so until that gets sorted no videos.

If anyone knows of any software that won't overheat my laptop that would be fab :D
Have you tried the mavic forum if not all the to the bottom of the page its a great forum and lots of good and smart people and welcome to the forum

Reactions: Abiled and dirkclod
Greetings!

Reactions: Abiled
Instead of editing your 4k videos in 4k the best thing to do is gonna be use proxies. It's just a smaller easier to handle copy of your video used for editing. Then when you're done you can still export in 4k if that's what you were wanting to do. It's actually really easy to do, my brother is the one that showed me how to do it. I'm gonna just be honest with you here, if he can do it I'm sure you can figure it out cause he really ain't that bright lol. He doesnt fly drones so I'm not worried about him seeing this, bless his heart lmao. Anyway if you can't figure it out you can always check out the University of Youtube. I'm sure you'll find plenty of tutorials there. Good luck!

Reactions: cneedelman
Are you attempting to edit 4K video? If so, it could well be the video files, rather than the editing software, that's causing your problem. If that's the case, you could try shooting (& editing) lower res video... although it might make more sense to upgrade your laptop's graphics capabilities instead.
Sorry for the late reply been moving, no good shout but I think it was in 1080p now just 720p...it is probably my laptop graphics capabilitiesbut didn't really want to upgrade much :D

Have you tried the mavic forum if not all the to the bottom of the page its a great forum and lots of good and smart people and welcome to the forum
I'll be sure to gander and see what other people have used :)

Instead of editing your 4k videos in 4k the best thing to do is gonna be use proxies. It's just a smaller easier to handle copy of your video used for editing. Then when you're done you can still export in 4k if that's what you were wanting to do. It's actually really easy to do, my brother is the one that showed me how to do it. I'm gonna just be honest with you here, if he can do it I'm sure you can figure it out cause he really ain't that bright lol. He doesnt fly drones so I'm not worried about him seeing this, bless his heart lmao. Anyway if you can't figure it out you can always check out the University of Youtube. I'm sure you'll find plenty of tutorials there. Good luck!
Hahaha thats actually a good idea I have tried editing in 720p it still is struggling, but export to 4k is a really good shout!!

true Youtube is always my fall back to knowledge :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31