Here's how to install 3rd party apps (Pix4d and Control+DJI in this case) on the Phantom 4 Pro+ built in screen

Reaction score
Our office bought P4 Pro+'s to use for mapping, so I was a little concerned when I heard they wouldn't take pix4d. Happily after spending tons of time on it I managed to figure out a simple way to do it :)

Here's my tutorial:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Thank you! I have been searching for a video like this. What other apps were you able to install?

It worked for all I tried. A calculator, the amazon app store (still wouldn't allow other apps to be installed though, not authorized message), ES file explorer, Terminal, Blackmart (also wouldn't allow installing other apps here). I can't see why it wouldn't work for any app you have an apk for.

Just for the record: That's not a V2. Obsidian option was only available on the P4P (V1) discontinued from the offical DJI store around May 2018.

V2 comes in white only (for now).

Good tutorial otherwise.

That sucks if that's the case, I specifically wanted ocusync. Will have to check the order list to see if what we ordered matches...

That sucks if that's the case, I specifically wanted ocusync. Will have to check the order list to see if what we ordered matches...
Easiest way to tell the V1 and V2 apart (aside from the tapered props which are compatible with both versions and can be bought separately) is by looking at its remote. The V2 remote has ventilation grills in the front of the enclosure. Also, the V2 Phantom itself has a battery latch switch/sensor in the battery bay.

Saying that, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the V1. It's unlikely you'll notice any difference between oocusync 2 and lightbridge 2 - unless you want to use the FPV goggles. The difference is really negligible.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic