Helps, problems with DJI app after upgrading android 6!

Hi! I'm experiencing the same "Disconnected" issue, but as I can observed, when I plug the USB, android don't display "how to connect" message. I did a full clean install on the tablet and on the DJI Go settings. I tried with DJI Go 3 and 4 version, with no success.

In my case, I have a P4 connected with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000) with Android Marshmallow (6.0.1 - Cyanogem CM13). I also tried with Android 5.1, without success. On both case, USB Debugging is enabled and MTP mode is selected for USB.

With my S4 (Galaxy I9505) and Android Marshmallow (6.0.1 - Cyanogem CM13), works perfectly with DJI Go 3, but DJI Go 4 always crash on start.

I've just fixed The connection problem. It was The USB cable. I have to test 3 different cables before fins One that was working.

Hi

After updating my phone (galaxy S5) to android 6 i cannot connect to my P3P with the DJIgo app.
The camera button does not appear.

When i connect the phone to the RC i get an option to elect for the USB.
I have already tried all options (MTP, midi, etc) setting but the camera button does not appear.

If i use an other phone with android 5, then everything works.

What setting do i miss in my Android 6 phone?
I have already tried to uninstall and install the DJI app again, but not working :(

Hi, Same issue here; I tried all the same and suggested 'fixes'. Just call DJI support, they will tell you that Marshmallow 6.1 is not compatible with Go or Go 4 apps. I actually downgraded my Nexus 9 just to confirm. I have installed 6.1 on Nexus 9, Tab A, 7" & 9". Neither DJI Go apps or Litchi will give video feed on any of the devices running this version of Android. Fortunately for me the Nexus can update to Nougat 7.1 and the Go apps work with that - however I do need to choose how I want the USB connection to function. The Tab A 7" is rooted so I can bring it back to the current stock Android version of 5.1. Because I prefer the Tab A 9" screen to fly with I'm screwed using that because I'm not going to root a tablet just to downgrade the OS; that just seems ridiculous to me. Due to DJI Light-bridge being both fantastic & propitiatory I see no alternative but to use devices not running Marshmallow. I've spent way too much time trying to get 6.1 to work, sans success. Given up. DJI, IT engineers easily could make the GO apps compatible with this version of Android and obviously choose not to? Just another reason I am moving in a direction away from my long time support of DJI, RTF products into just building my own UAVs; no reliance on apps or anything else. When support for Vision app was discontinued I sold-off all my modded and un-modded pre P3 stuff. Now DJI support for Go app with P4 & Mavic has been discontinued; forced into Go 4 app? I get the business model of engineered obsolescence but, in my opinion, DJI is out of control with that. How much longer until we are paying DJI an extra fee just for the privilege of access to an app to fly our birds? I'm pretty much done with DJI's RTF drones. Took me back & forth with returns 3 times with my Mavic till I got one that was fully functional! Now I can't even fly it using any device running the most prevalent version of Android?!? All DJI's Nazi and Light-bridge tech is available to buy sans UAV. Going forward I'm either building my own or having it built for me. The RTF area of DJI is out of control and, I believe, focused totally on the most effective way to engineer obsolescence without it seeming to be intentional. Best of luck in a resolution of your current situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20