HELP

Reaction score
i bought a Phantom 3 Standard that is in great shape but has had the gimbal and camera removed. I was going to use it to just fly around for fun as I have another with the gimbal and camera. The problem I am having is I cannot get the Phantom to link to either of two remotes I have. The unit powers on fine, I have wifi connection but when I press the link reset button on the Phantom it blinks, the remote beeps when in linking mode but I can't get them to link. I have followed the linking instructions in the Manuel with no luck. Anybody got any ideas ? thank you !!

There is actually a lot of important stuff in the gimbal housing including the wifi card. The wifi network is broadcasted from the transmitter, so you'll see that just fine. But you'll need the gimbal attached for the bird to connect to the transmitter.

Thanks, I thought I read where people flew their Phantom without the camera and gimbal.

QUOTE="jackhadrill, post: 867779, member: 61170"]There is actually a lot of important stuff in the gimbal housing including the wifi card. The wifi network is broadcasted from the transmitter, so you'll see that just fine. But you'll need the gimbal attached for the bird to connect to the transmitter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I thought I read where people flew their Phantom without the camera and gimbal.

There is actually a lot of important stuff in the gimbal housing including the wifi card. The wifi network is broadcasted from the transmitter, so you'll see that just fine. But you'll need the gimbal attached for the bird to connect to the transmitter.
It was doable on the old Phantom 2, but unfortunately not on the Phantom 3 :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers